09-23-2012 06:04 AM
185 ... 678
tools
    I have been to many sites and read almost all of the pages.. While what i can understand that is.. I did everything in the directions but I dont know how to get odin to load my phone. I have read other related issues where they suggested to remove the batt and reboot the phone and pc.. but Nada.. I even tried removing the drivers, different usb locations and all. Using my sister inlaw win 7 because i run mint on my PC.. If anything i can try from my brother's lap over the weekend also. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

Also you guys are top notch..
    03-01-2012 08:16 AM
    I have been to many sites and read almost all of the pages.. While what i can understand that is.. I did everything in the directions but I dont know how to get odin to load my phone. I have read other related issues where they suggested to remove the batt and reboot the phone and pc.. but Nada.. I even tried removing the drivers, different usb locations and all. Using my sister inlaw win 7 because i run mint on my PC.. If anything i can try from my brother's lap over the weekend also. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

Also you guys are top notch..
    Did you make sure to shut off the device prior to hooking up to Odin then putting the device in download mode by holding down spacebar+p+power

Sent from my HTC Hero S
    03-01-2012 11:45 AM
    Did you make sure to shut off the device prior to hooking up to Odin then putting the device in download mode by holding down spacebar+p+power

Sent from my HTC Hero S
    No I dont believe I did actually.. I remember trying with it on, then putting into download mode.. and having it in download mode then hooking up to the laptop.. unfortunately, ill have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend to try. the sis inlaw needed her laptop for work.. As if her work is more important than me getting my cell rooted!

Btw reading up i learned that flashing is different than rooting..However, has anyone tried flashing or rooting with odin on VB? I have seen a few posts saying its best to just use odin on windoze for rooting.. but im just sitting here with no windows at hand. Also trying to be careful.
    03-01-2012 02:51 PM
    No I dont believe I did actually.. I remember trying with it on, then putting into download mode.. and having it in download mode then hooking up to the laptop.. unfortunately, ill have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend to try. the sis inlaw needed her laptop for work.. As if her work is more important than me getting my cell rooted!

Btw reading up i learned that flashing is different than rooting..However, has anyone tried flashing or rooting with odin on VB? I have seen a few posts saying its best to just use odin on windoze for rooting.. but im just sitting here with no windows at hand. Also trying to be careful.
    What do you mean by "VB?" VirtualBox? If so, I used adb inside an Ubuntu guest from VMWare Workstation just fine, so I imagine Odin would be able to detect your device just fine if you told the VM to recognize it.
    03-02-2012 12:49 AM
    What do you mean by "VB?" VirtualBox? If so, I used adb inside an Ubuntu guest from VMWare Workstation just fine, so I imagine Odin would be able to detect your device just fine if you told the VM to recognize it.
    Ugh.. i didnt see this till now but i have a laptop soo I will do a preroot.. i didnt do that before.. Then I will give it a go.

Also i am not running Ubuntu.. I like it just been stick on mint for the last year or so. And yes i meant virtualbox.. Thanks for the replies guys and wish me luck!!
    03-03-2012 01:22 PM
    Ugh.. i didnt see this till now but i have a laptop soo I will do a preroot.. i didnt do that before.. Then I will give it a go.

Also i am not running Ubuntu.. I like it just been stick on mint for the last year or so. And yes i meant virtualbox.. Thanks for the replies guys and wish me luck!!
    The guest OS doesn't matter. All I meant by it was that in a Windows host, I made my guest OS recognize the phone. I'm running a dual-boot of Windows 7 and Mint 12 but have no idea how to make the phone appear under Linux like it does in Windows. Device manager shows samsung usb android device or something like that in Windows and I can send it to the guest, but I can only use adb and mount my storage in Linux. :/
    03-03-2012 02:39 PM
    The guest OS doesn't matter. All I meant by it was that in a Windows host, I made my guest OS recognize the phone. I'm running a dual-boot of Windows 7 and Mint 12 but have no idea how to make the phone appear under Linux like it does in Windows. Device manager shows samsung usb android device or something like that in Windows and I can send it to the guest, but I can only use adb and mount my storage in Linux. :/
    yeah i had the same issues with it looking different.. I have the sdk installed.. not sure what all i can do other than take screen shots.. it mounts my phone into the program ok and the data would come up when i did anything like lock the phone. I still have more reading up to do. also soon as i buy a new dvd drive i will upgrade to mint12.. and i might put ubuntu on my other drive.. guess i will have to get window on the pc.. meh..
    03-03-2012 04:28 PM
    Hey just tried to go from leafrom to phoenix 0.2. I follow the instructions to the "T" but am stuck in a boot loop. Please help!
    03-18-2012 11:44 PM
    I stay on odin on qcsbl download for 10 minutes now
    04-27-2012 11:05 AM
    can anybody upload or give link to "sphm580_ek18_rooted.zip" or original "ek18" for sprint samsung replenish sph-m580 ?
    09-23-2012 06:04 AM
185 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD