Rooting GINGERBREAD.EK18

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
None of us have "unlocked" phones.. We easily exploited Froyo for root access, however I took the easy way out with a working port of CWM4 and used adb from recovery mode to manually root. CWM boots with root access, so why go through the trouble of finding an exploit if you can take advantage of already having root?

Reactions: psychonaut91

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

psychonaut91

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
so on your website Firehak what should i download? the "Replenish Gingerbread Odin Image" or the "PhoeniX ROM for Samsung Replenish"
or both? im not able to tell if they are the same thing or different types of stuff. btw thanks very much both worked and i never had problems installing either except out of my own stupidity and crap xp os.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
so on your website Firehak what should i download? the "Replenish Gingerbread Odin Image" or the "PhoeniX ROM for Samsung Replenish"
or both? im not able to tell if they are the same thing or different types of stuff. btw thanks very much both worked and i never had problems installing either except out of my own stupidity and crap xp os.

The post labeled Stock Gingerbread is just that, the stock image. I'm not sure if they have any issues other than what I listed in the post though. I did not test them and not many people gave feedback, PhoeniX is based off of the stock rom, but customized for performance and what-not. So far, only one person has had trouble with PhoeniX 0.2 and can't get it to boot (which is recoverable by flashing a backup). Everyone else has no problems.

Reactions: psychonaut91

psychonaut91

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
what if for some reason the replenish turns of and wont turn back on? i was using rom manager to install the phoeniX rom but accidentally click another file and it turned off without warning and wont turn on anymore.
\

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
We don't have support for rom manager. There's your biggest mistake right there. You boot into recovery and select to install a zip file. Try holding space + p for download mode or just u for recovery while turning the phone on and see if you get in, or else you have to take it to be replaced. We do not have support for rom manager, do NOT try it again. I'm working on getting support for ACS Updater by another Android Creative Syndicate member, it's available from the market.

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
what if for some reason the replenish turns of and wont turn back on? i was using rom manager to install the phoeniX rom but accidentally click another file and it turned off without warning and wont turn on anymore.
\

You've just bricked your phone. Can you still boot into recovery or download mode? Or is the phone completely unresponsive?

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
If the phone will not power on at all, there's nothing you can do for it. Take it back to Sprint, tell them that it won't turn on, and thatyou have no idea what happened.

psychonaut91

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
;) i like the way you think. it was defective anyways because sometimes it wouldnt start charging until i took the battery out and replaced it like 20 times and unplugged it and plugged it back in. this phone is a real shame in the androids glory but its super cheap and does more than most phones so o well.:-!

psychonaut91

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
lol i took a magnet and arse raped my phone and took it to the sprint store today. she tested the batter and it wouldnt hold a charge anymore and no matter what they did they couldnt get the replenish to work. so they deemed it defective and im waiting till tomorrow and applying for a replacement for free under Samsungs 1 year warranty and if that doesnt pull through im going to out sprint till they give a new phone.:p

psychonaut91

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
word to your mother, sprint changed their policies and now not even the supervisor can override sprint and credit your account to get a free replacement even if you claim and prove your phone is defective. but if you them out and they still dont over ride the charge for a new phone get insurance and then apply for a replacement and then ask to credit the replacement under the new insurance and then drop the insurance. I got a defective claim because i used a magnet to screw up the battery to no longer hold a charge and screw up the insides of the phone. i know it broke the battery but i cant tell if it messed with the phone or not since the phone is completely unresponsive. but its best to go to the store because they are a lot more understanding and nice than the 20 phone reps you get put through to get anything done with sprint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12