Rooting GINGERBREAD.EK18

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
what type of problems would the phone have if it has a different kernel?

Not booting, for starters. ;P We simply need someone with a Boost Replenish that has a little know-how and ability to follow directions so we can get a system dump from them and compare the differences.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
the file wont unzip in winrar or 7zip...

If your rooted, use this.

PhoneiX rom 0.2

http://db.tt/RrPglqw0

If your not rooted, and want to get rooted, use this gingerbread odin package.
Pre rooted gingerbread stock rom
http://db.tt/KFHdnEug

Edit: these files came from here and I uploaded then to my Dropbox. You can scan them with an A/V but there clean.

Its super easy to root/flash android phones. I like Odin, but ADB is more fun..lol

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

bwilson82

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
@ Crackers_and_ice

How do you run the pre rooted gingerbread? Looking to use this with Samsung Prevail. I downloaded it and went to open it and windows asked me which file I want to open it with?

Any help on setup would really be appreciated.

Thank You.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
@ Crackers_and_ice

How do you run the pre rooted gingerbread? Looking to use this with Samsung Prevail. I downloaded it and went to open it and windows asked me which file I want to open it with?

Thank You.

I'm unsure if it will work with the prevail. There's instructions in the subforum. I think its just an odin app that runs.

Extract the folder
Plug your phone up
Open odin
Get into download mode(adb reboot download OR U+power when off)
Click start once it pops up in odin.

I think that's it..I know phoenix has more files, but pre rooted GB is just odin.

Edit: AM VERY UNSURE IF IT WILL WORK WITH THE PREVAIL AND MIGHT BRICJ YOUR PHONE.
Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

bwilson82

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
@ Crackers_and_ice

Thanks anyway. I think I'll just hold out until someone posts something for the Prevail. Don't want to chance bricking my phone.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
@ Crackers_and_ice

Thank You.

Edit: AM VERY UNSURE IF IT WILL WORK WITH THE PREVAIL AND MIGHT BRICJ YOUR PHONE.

You WILL brick your phone. Don't look for roms under a different phone's thread. Go to the Prevail thread and stop trying to send a different phone's rom before you end up without a phone.

Rivertomcat

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone at the beginning of February, now there is another update its trying to do. Has anyone else had this update pop up on their phone?

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Not booting, for starters. ;P We simply need someone with a Boost Replenish that has a little know-how and ability to follow directions so we can get a system dump from them and compare the differences.

Let me know what's up I've got the device and the know how.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

halotastecloud

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The ability to root my Samsung Replenish couldn't have come at a better time for me. I had spent the last week(brand new to rooting) extinguishing each and every one of the wrong ways to root that phone. Thanks very much to each and every one of you involved in the creations I now use. PhoeniX 0.2 Build on FA19 Baseband! Rooted!

jay504702

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been to many sites and read almost all of the pages.. While what i can understand that is..:'( I did everything in the directions but I dont know how to get odin to load my phone. I have read other related issues where they suggested to remove the batt and reboot the phone and pc.. but Nada.. I even tried removing the drivers, different usb locations and all. Using my sister inlaw win 7 because i run mint on my PC.. If anything i can try from my brother's lap over the weekend also. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

Also you guys are top notch..

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been to many sites and read almost all of the pages.. While what i can understand that is..:'( I did everything in the directions but I dont know how to get odin to load my phone. I have read other related issues where they suggested to remove the batt and reboot the phone and pc.. but Nada.. I even tried removing the drivers, different usb locations and all. Using my sister inlaw win 7 because i run mint on my PC.. If anything i can try from my brother's lap over the weekend also. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

Also you guys are top notch..

Did you make sure to shut off the device prior to hooking up to Odin then putting the device in download mode by holding down spacebar+p+power

Sent from my HTC Hero S

jay504702

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you make sure to shut off the device prior to hooking up to Odin then putting the device in download mode by holding down spacebar+p+power

Sent from my HTC Hero S
No I dont believe I did actually.. I remember trying with it on, then putting into download mode.. and having it in download mode then hooking up to the laptop.. unfortunately, ill have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend to try. the sis inlaw needed her laptop for work.. As if her work is more important than me getting my cell rooted!

Btw reading up i learned that flashing is different than rooting..However, has anyone tried flashing or rooting with odin on VB? I have seen a few posts saying its best to just use odin on windoze for rooting.. but im just sitting here with no windows at hand. Also trying to be careful.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
No I dont believe I did actually.. I remember trying with it on, then putting into download mode.. and having it in download mode then hooking up to the laptop.. unfortunately, ill have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend to try. the sis inlaw needed her laptop for work.. As if her work is more important than me getting my cell rooted!

Btw reading up i learned that flashing is different than rooting..However, has anyone tried flashing or rooting with odin on VB? I have seen a few posts saying its best to just use odin on windoze for rooting.. but im just sitting here with no windows at hand. Also trying to be careful.

What do you mean by "VB?" VirtualBox? If so, I used adb inside an Ubuntu guest from VMWare Workstation just fine, so I imagine Odin would be able to detect your device just fine if you told the VM to recognize it.

jay504702

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "VB?" VirtualBox? If so, I used adb inside an Ubuntu guest from VMWare Workstation just fine, so I imagine Odin would be able to detect your device just fine if you told the VM to recognize it.
Ugh.. i didnt see this till now but i have a laptop soo I will do a preroot.. i didnt do that before.. Then I will give it a go.

Also i am not running Ubuntu.. :( I like it just been stick on mint for the last year or so. And yes i meant virtualbox.. Thanks for the replies guys and wish me luck!!

Last edited: