11-28-2013 10:47 AM
622 ... 2122232425
tools
    For those asking about 0.2 on Boost, some people report success. I've not heard about a failure yet, key word yet.

For those asking about new 0.3 links, no. There are none because of the soft bricks and bluetooth boot looping. It's in the works, but I have to balance it between 50-60 some hour work weeks, sometimes more. Maybe I sound like a kid complaining, but I'm just not used to that kind of work load yet. I still haven't given up on the rom.

And for the last question I've seen pop up a few times to my surprise is about donations. No, I do not have a donations link, nor did I ever plan on having one. My work is a just a few small tweaks built off of Shabbypenguin's work and DMRLook's kernel, plus it takes me so long between releases to get anything done. I don't really need to take money for other peoples work. If anything, give to them for doing most of the work. I just slapped it together.
    See this is the info I needed. Thanks. Of course phoenix won't boot on stock boost kernel. The kernel mentioned above is the one phoenix runs on? If not which is? Thanks for a reply as soon as I boot a deodox ill start theming... mini jelly bean coming up!

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2012 10:20 PM
    I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but i own the boost replinish and have been running phoenix 0.2 for quite some time without any problems, the only thing that changed was some of the apps, since the rom is for sprint carrier, but boost is sprint so the phoenix rom does work on boost, and removed all the boost bloatware. It did not damage the phone, i still have all of my services and then some. Oh, If you go into cwm and wipe cache/ and or data you should come out of the boot loop.I belive i had the same problem when i first tried to install, i did a factory wipe, because it took me like three tries to get phoenix installed, but found out later it was a usb port that caused failed installation. Hope this is helpful.
    Did you install after the FB03 update?
    07-08-2012 11:14 AM
    I have installed twice/ once on two different boost phones, both before the FB03 update.
    07-10-2012 04:02 AM
    I think I'm kinda screwed, I can't boot anything after trying to flash this rom. I can get to recovery and use Odin. but all the images I need for Odin are down cause firehack's site is down. Firehack I tried to PM you but I need 5 posts.

Anyway I just need any Complete Stock Odin cause my mom needs her phone back in 5 hours for work... Thanks
    07-10-2012 05:00 AM
    Here is a Package file to flash in Odin that will update your qcsbl, oemsbl, amss, arm11boot, and mibib for the Sprint Replenish. It also gives you a kernel for Pheonix v0.2, and give you ClockworkMod.

After you flash this I believe you must flash Phoenix v0.2 in CWM to have a working phone. You may also flash dmrlook's kernel at that point. Make sure to wipe data+cache+dalvikcache.

WARNING - I have not tested this as a complete package!
    http://admin.joshuaruehlig.com//data...9c.php?lang=en
    md5sum = 52e949017e9eac9dd8b168884db76cb8
    password = replenish
    07-11-2012 02:31 AM
    Links down? Or?
    07-11-2012 08:52 AM
    Links down? Or?
    Try it now, sorry screwed up my firewall configuration at 4 in the morning and was too sleepy to fix it till the morning
    07-11-2012 05:04 PM
    Try it now, sorry screwed up my firewall configuration at 4 in the morning and was too sleepy to fix it till the morning
    Cannot create root path for repository (My Files). Please check repository configuration or that your folder is writeable!

Oops?
    josh4trunks likes this.
    07-11-2012 10:23 PM
    Sorry, I shared the file with a user. then deleted the user... Should work now. Thanks for the heads up.

I updated my original post
    pdx1911 likes this.
    07-12-2012 06:49 AM
    Another success (so far) for 0.2 on Boost Mobile. Everything seems to be working (including the solar back panel) and I edited the build.prop such that I no longer get those annoying update messages.

Thanks to those that posted verification of success and thanks to Firehak and others for your hard work on this phone.
    scorpio42lek likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:40 AM
    Could anyone provide an edited build.prop to stop the update notifications on PhoenixROM 0.2?

I tried editing myself, but it doesn't seem to work for me. :x

Also, can someone please confirm weather picture messages will send on Boost with PhoenixROM 0.2 I know on this pre-rooted ED23 PDA, picture messaging doesn't send with a forbidden. Wondering if I flash this onepackage, then firehacks rom, then use the edited build.prop, if i will have better luck?

Anyway, I've mirrored Josh4trunks onepackage image on my domain here so we don't loose it.

Code:
    http://paradoxsystems.tk/files/android/m580_One_Package.tar
    07-12-2012 12:42 PM
    Could anyone provide an edited build.prop to stop the update notifications on PhoenixROM 0.2?

I tried editing myself, but it doesn't seem to work for me. :x

Also, can someone please confirm weather picture messages will send on Boost with PhoenixROM 0.2 I know on this pre-rooted ED23 PDA, picture messaging doesn't send with a forbidden. Wondering if I flash this onepackage, then firehacks rom, then use the edited build.prop, if i will have better luck?

Anyway, I've mirrored Josh4trunks onepackage image on my domain here so we don't loose it.

Code:
    http://paradoxsystems.tk/files/android/m580_One_Package.tar

Take the time to read previous messages. Page 19 or 20 has a detailed account on how to edit the build.prop. Follow the instructions...
    07-13-2012 12:00 AM

I tried editing myself, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
    For my Sprint Replenish, to eliminate any nagging FA19-update messages from Sprint, I downloaded ES File Explorer, gave it root access, and used it to text-edit the build.prop file based on the video instructions at , changing any instances of "EK18" to "FA19". I think there were 3-4 instances that I edited. It was easy, and I haven't been asked to update to FA19. But that may not work for Boost if their most recent update is labeled something other than "FA19", in which case you'd need probably need to change any instances of "EK18" or "FA19" to the name of Boost's latest update.
    07-13-2012 02:18 PM
    For my Sprint Replenish, to eliminate any nagging FA19-update messages from Sprint, I downloaded ES File Explorer, gave it root access, and used it to text-edit the build.prop file based on the video instructions at , changing any instances of "EK18" to "FA19". I think there were 3-4 instances that I edited. It was easy, and I haven't been asked to update to FA19. But that may not work for Boost if their most recent update is labeled something other than "FA19", in which case you'd need probably need to change any instances of "EK18" or "FA19" to the name of Boost's latest update.
    Boost current update is FB09

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 03:01 PM
    I still think its amazing to have a working 2.3 root on Boost mobile. All of their phones now I think are 2.3 (like the Motorola XPRT, a similar phone).

I don't think the XPRT has root, but it does have 2gb internal storage I believe. From what I've seen in the forums, the XPRT is originally a sprint phone that has yet to update to 2.3, though there is an update created for the phone that I've seen, but not official.

The main things I need for my phone include enough internal storage, and pdanet.

Pdanet is a great tethering app that works not just on laptops, but on other mobile devices like any kind of tablets, phones, etc.

One nice thing about pdanet, is that you don't have to be rooted.
    On the original boost phone when I got it, pdanet(and yes, I paid for this service) was available to download via the Android market. Now that I have PheoniX 0.2, it is not available (maybe its unavailable on boost now anyways?). Fortunately I had created backups of the apk's for installation, and it is working fine on Pheonix 0.2.

The Replenish only has 130mb of internal storage which is insanely low, thus having root and using something like link2sd is crucial or you will always be limited to how many apps you can install without getting low storage messages.
    scorpio42lek likes this.
    07-16-2012 03:33 PM
    Pdanet is a great tethering app that works not just on laptops, but on other mobile devices like any kind of tablets, phones, etc.
    I use FoxFi for WiFi hotspot (tethering). FoxFi doesn't require root. Sprint won't let you download it from the Play Store, but you can download it for free from the developers website, FoxFi.com.
    07-18-2012 04:36 PM
    That's nice to know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2012 04:54 AM
    thanks to firehak, drmlook ,shabbypenquin, andnchanted_1 for this fantstic improvement to this phone
    tarlcab likes this.
    07-20-2012 09:10 PM
    thanks to firehak, drmlook ,shabbypenquin, andnchanted_1 for this fantstic improvement to this phone
    This ROM is such a great improvement over the stock one. Thanks guys
    07-24-2012 12:09 AM
    Oops
    07-24-2012 10:45 AM
    Bad news all, my Replenish crapped out. I no longer have a phone, much less a device to work on. I will be talking with ACS to see what they would like to see done with the ROM.. The last thing I'll be able to do is post the walk through for mounting an SD partition as the /data partition. Work ought to be somewhat slow tomorrow (well..in a few hours, it's past midnight), I will work on compiling everything then.

I'm very sorry to say that I can no longer work on this. Once I hear back from ACS I'll post back anything I hear. Dunno if anyone will take over, I can release my files, or if it remains closed. I really want to thank DMRLook and Shabby for all their work in getting this going with me, it was a great way to introduce me into mods and roms for Android..
    scorpio42lek and RazzMaTazz like this.
    07-26-2012 12:40 AM
    I appreciate the work you did. My phone is also about to crap out. I have the feeling that these things weren't intended to last much more than a year. I'll be pushing it to make it last until my upgrade.
    07-27-2012 10:13 AM
    You've done a great job, helping others and i just want to say thanks.
    07-29-2012 11:06 AM
    After installing Phoenix.2, I installed Link2SD. I would highly recommend this app. It moves your apps to an ext4 partition on your SD card with a link to it in the internal memory. You can either have it automatically move to SD, or you can choose what you want to move and do so manually. This allowed me to gain an additional 1GB for apps. This, combined with Firehaks Phoenix turns the Replenish into quite the phone for the price.

Also, it was so easy to do with the easy to follow instructions that Firehak provided. There is an easy to follow guide for Link2SD, just do a google search. This really does a great job, no point waiting for .3. Also, follow the above instructions to update the build.prop file so you wont be nagged about running the update.

If you decide to install Phoenix, remember that the boot animation was disabled. So, the first time you boot after installing, the screen will go blank. Just be patient, it will take a couple minutes for the phone to load.

Thank you Firehak, DMRLook and Shabby for making this possible.
    RazzMaTazz likes this.
    08-04-2012 02:03 AM
    I finally found the dump of what I believe to be the working boot.img needed to mount the SD card as your /data partition! If I've learned anything after this whole mess and never having more than a few minutes to work on things, it's to ORGANIZE EVERYTHING. Took me forever to find this thing.. Expect the guide to be finished and posted soon. It'll be here, on the official thread at ACS, and hopefully my website which I've still yet to do anything for..
    ciscogee likes this.
    08-14-2012 09:28 PM
622 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD