11-28-2013 10:47 AM
622 ... 22232425
tools
    I tried to put together the guide for using an SD card as the /data partition. Hopefully I found the right boot image and my steps in the pdf are all correct. Head on over to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing firehak to download it. It's been fun, thanks for all the support!
    08-19-2012 03:42 PM
    I tried to put together the guide for using an SD card as the /data partition. Hopefully I found the right boot image and my steps in the pdf are all correct. Head on over to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing firehak to download it. It's been fun, thanks for all the support!
    firehak - First off, thanks for all the hard work developing Phoenix ROM and data2ext support. You've really helped turn a sub par phone into something great.

Secondly, would you still happen to have the FA19 modem installer file? I'm completely redoing my current setup, and I'd like to have it for future use. Thanks a lot!
    TurboPirate likes this.
    08-19-2012 06:53 PM
    Glad to hear everyone appreciated it! Yes, I do still have the FA19 modem, though that was the big problem during the 0.3 install. Unless I ran Sprint's OTA, I couldn't install the modem for some reason. So I installed FA19 from stock, then flashed 0.3 minus the modem since it was already installed. I'd be happy to upload it and the OTA, if you'd like.

EDIT: Here's a stock FA19 I didn't know I still had and the EK18 to FA19 OTA!

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing firehak

To use the OTA, rename it to "update.zip" and place it on the root of your sd card, then reboot to recovery. This works with CWM and stock because this is not a custom update. To flash FA19 the manual way, extract FA19.zip and create a tar file with the command below (Yes, this must be done on a Mac/Linux/UNIX machine, unless you for some reason actually installed the tar command on Windows like I did).

Code:
    tar -H ustar -c amss arm11boot boot.img mibib oemsbl qcsbl system.img > FA19.tar
    Use Odin to flash with the 'One Package' option. I can't remember if this is rooted, but I don't believe it is Don't forget to clear your data partition! If you flash this from PhoeniX 0.2, /cache will ALWAYS fail to mount unless you format /system and /data to ext4 again and re-flash the boot.img that came with 0.2. Stock doesn't support ext4 file systems and I don't have a cache backup! Sorry I don't have a readily available Odin image already ;P
    TurboPirate likes this.
    08-19-2012 08:03 PM
    Hey firehak, the phoenix 0.2 rom on your website is corrupted for me.
    08-20-2012 01:07 AM
    FirehaK and the Android Creative Syndicate
    are proud to present to you:

PhoeniX ROM 0.2

Features:
    • Ext4 file system (better performance)
    • Build.prop tweaks
    • Some /system bloat removed
    • Disabled boot animations by default (unless /system/media/bootanimation.zip exists)
    • CWM 5 recovery installed
    • Custom kernel
    • Reboot-able :P

Due to Sprint "disabling" CarrierIQ, the app to disable it on the phone is no longer included. The services still run, but Sprint DOES NOT collect information anymore.

This version is NOT de-odexed. Due to the issues we had before, I have not yet worked it out. Theming comes second to me over performance.

As always, this is not official software and I make no guarantees! I will however help you the best I can provided you follow instructions and clearly post your problem(s).

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Download/extract PhoeniX-ROM.zip from the below links
    • Copy PhoeniX.zip to your sd card
    • Reboot your phone to "download" mode (adb.exe reboot download or hold space + p during boot)
    • Open the included odin
    • Select "One Package" if not already checked in the options area
    • Click the ops button to search for the included "SPHM580.ops"
    • Now click the One Package button to search for "PhoeniX.tar"
    • Click start, and hold U on your phone as soon as it reboots to enter recovery mode (CWM5)
    • Once CWM5 starts, click install from sdcard
    • Choose zip from sdcard
    • Navigate to "PhoeniX.zip"
    • Obviously choose yes to install
    • Sit back and watch the magic, reboot when it finishes.

Phoenix 0.2
    Download at ACS:http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showth...ll=1#post16182

I NO LONGER HAVE A REPLENISH, SO I UNFORTUNATELY HAD TO STOP WORKING ON THIS.

As a last effort kind of thing, I tried to put together the guide for using an SD card as the /data partition. Hopefully I found the right boot image and my steps in the pdf are all correct. Head on over to Goo.im Downloads - Browsing firehak to download it.

Credits:
    Shabbypenguin - for multiple performance tweaks, CWM5, and putting up with me ;P
    dmrlook - help with brainstorming, CWM5, and being awesome

PhoeniX wouldn't exist without their help, so make sure to give them their thanks!

Update: There is a typo when using the "remount" command. It says that it is remounting /dev/stl9 rather than /dev/stl12, but this does not affect it, the command still works. There is a remount script in /sbin/remount and /system/xbin/remount, and I forgot to remove it from sbin. Both scripts do work.
    Dont know if anyone even cares but the links dont work. Ive tried following them to ACSyndicate and then to GOO IM and the download gives you a rom that is 238KBs and wont open. Was going to root my daughters phone but everything listed across these websites is a jumbled mess. Would be nice if a mod could actually sort all this out, make a new thread with proper links and simple, exact instructions that work.
    Jim-F likes this.
    09-01-2012 12:41 PM
    Hey firehak, the phoenix 0.2 rom on your website is corrupted for me.
    Yep
    09-01-2012 12:42 PM
    Yes, the 0.2 ROM download is corrupt. (Says it's done downloading at ~325KB)
    09-01-2012 08:38 PM
    I'm uploading the deodexed version of Phoenix 0.2 for you guys now. This ROM was made by firehak, deodexed by nchanted_1, and build.prop was edited to stop update notifications by myself.

Edit: Note: You need CWM recovery installed to use this!

https://rapidshare.com/files/3734168...2_deodexed.zip
    09-01-2012 09:05 PM
    I'm uploading the deodexed version of Phoenix 0.2 for you guys now. This ROM was made by firehak, deodexed by nchanted_1, and build.prop was edited to stop update notifications by myself.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3734168...2_deodexed.zip
    Can you show me how to install this? I've tried to install this and dmrlook's kernel with CWM, but I could never get it to boot.
    09-02-2012 08:21 AM
    ^ Use CWM to choose the .zip for in installation, and then wipe /data and /cache using the options on the CWM main menu. That should allow the phone to boot.
    09-02-2012 09:27 AM
    Are there any advantages of using Data2Ext over using Link2SD? I opted to go with Link2SD because it was easy to install. Am I missing out on something that Data2Ext offers?
    09-05-2012 06:50 PM
    Link2SD simply moves parts of installed apps to sd-ext, while keeping part of them on the phone's internal memory. With this method, the maximum memory space on the phone is still 115mb, each app just uses less of it. Data2ext mounts the entire sd-ext partition as /data, which means that instead of having a physical limit at 115mb, the phone now has (in my case anyways) 1GB of memory to address for apps.
    09-05-2012 07:56 PM
    Has anyone tried this? is the kernel packed with this same as dmrlook+sd-ext?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Tapatalk 2
    09-05-2012 08:08 PM
    ^ I have firehak's data2ext running on my phone, works great without a hang. I have 827mb of total internal memory, on a 1024mb partition. I guess some space was lost in formatting.

And no, the kernel packed with this is just the stock kernel with data2ext support. Dmrlook still has to make a version of his kernel that supports it.
    09-05-2012 08:47 PM
    Oic...

09-05-2012 08:52 PM
    ^ I have firehak's data2ext running on my phone, works great without a hang. I have 827mb of total internal memory, on a 1024mb partition. I guess some space was lost in formatting.

And no, the kernel packed with this is just the stock kernel with data2ext support. Dmrlook still has to make a version of his kernel that supports it.
    Can you give some directions on how to get data2ext installed?
    09-09-2012 11:24 PM
    I pretty much just followed firehak's instructions in the .pdf in his download found here:
    I had trouble formatting my partitions to EXT3 using the method in his guide, so I made my partitions in CWM (CWM partitions are automatically formatted to EXT3). So I skipped to Step 8 in firehak's guide (formatting to EXT4) and then continued from there.You don't really need to format to EXT4 to get this to work, so I suppose you could just format the partitions in CWM, and then simply flash the boot.img in firehak's download. I just chose EXT4 because it performs better. If you're not running Phoenix ROM, or you don't have CWM, you should just follow firehak's guide step for step.

Make sure your SD Card is 4GB or more. Class 6 or 10 is recommended. I used a 16GB Class 10 card.
    09-10-2012 09:17 AM
    I pretty much just followed firehak's instructions in the .pdf in his download found here:

I had trouble formatting my partitions to EXT3 using the method in his guide, so I made my partitions in CWM (CWM partitions are automatically formatted to EXT3). So I skipped to Step 8 in firehak's guide (formatting to EXT4) and then continued from there.You don't really need to format to EXT4 to get this to work, so I suppose you could just format the partitions in CWM, and then simply flash the boot.img in firehak's download. I just chose EXT4 because it performs better. If you're not running Phoenix ROM, or you don't have CWM, you should just follow firehak's guide step for step.

Make sure your SD Card is 4GB or more. Class 6 or 10 is recommended. I used a 16GB Class 10 card.
    Thanks Rodya, that should make life easier for everyone wanting to do this. For me, it was the biggest driver for me to move away from stock and install the phoenix rom

I was running Phoenix .2 and DMRLook's kernel. Then I went the hard route and got init.d installed and went with INT2EXT+ since I was unable to find data2ext (that is before you were kind enough to post the above). I don't know if there is any advantage to running data2ext -vs- int2ext+, have any thoughts on that?

I am running a 8GB class 10 SD card, so I am set there. I bought the card way back when Firehak first mentioned phoenix.3 would have data2ext support, anxiously awaiting the day. I have slightly under 1GB ext4 partition for the above.
    09-10-2012 11:51 PM
    K i have a few questions. First does this rom work for the boost replenish?or if u don't know for sure would it hurt to try as long as i get a good backup in CWM and transfer the backup to my computer before i wipe and partition the memory card of course, Secondly If anyone knows of any other roms for this phone please list them for me so i can look them over, i cant seem to find much on Google as far as roms go, and thanks
    09-23-2012 04:59 AM
    This ROM is the only Gingerbread based ROM for the Replenish. There is LeafROM, but it's based off Froyo and is terribly outdated.

I can't speak as to whether or not it would work with a boost replenish, the only way to tell would be to make a backup in CWM and try it out.
    09-24-2012 12:06 AM
    K i have a few questions. First does this rom work for the boost replenish?or if u don't know for sure would it hurt to try as long as i get a good backup in CWM and transfer the backup to my computer before i wipe and partition the memory card of course, Secondly If anyone knows of any other roms for this phone please list them for me so i can look them over, i cant seem to find much on Google as far as roms go, and thanks
    Works on boost

09-24-2012 11:01 AM
    It would be great if there was a working link for cwm recovery for this device. I feel real bad for any 00bs tryin to root this phone, are you guys serious lol. Just saying forums are made to provide information not confuse the hell outta people. Goodluck n00bs with this one

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    10-18-2012 07:29 PM
    Firehack, I have being following you for a bit, since I bought my replenish 4 months a go, with Buust Mobile (not sure if allowed to mention provider's name, so replaced the double O with U) To be clear, a friend told me to follow your work..........I have being reading this thread since page one, honestly I haven't finish all the pages but have a few questions, My phone is from provider mention before BM who uses Spreent Antennas. This excellent job that you have done, can I use it with my replenish? I thought replenish was O.S Gingerbread, saw at the first and a few post after mention O.S.Froyo, Also, My Replenish is fully functional with the provider, all unlimited, all I want is remove those apps I'll never use called bloat, like the ID thingy, Thanks in advance TURBO
    10-19-2012 09:42 AM
    ...The installation process would have been really easy to do except that the Odin program kept failing when communicating with the phone, even though I had installed the drivers (without errors), both from Windows update, and then later from Samsung's website on my modern, Windows 7 desktop PC. Oddly, I could access the USB storage and Odin reported that it could see the phone on the COM port (or something) but then Odin always failed after I clicked "Start". I tried a couple different USB ports on my desktop PC, but I kept getting the following error message once I started running Odin. "Cannot open the usb serial port. code: 32". Eventually I gave up, ran Odin from my laptop PC, and everything went perfectly smoothly.
    Anyone else have this problem? I can't get past the error message after clicking on Start in Odin either. I guess that I will try with an XP or another Win7 machine later on and see if that works.

Thanks, Keith
    10-23-2012 01:34 PM
    Anyone else have this problem? I can't get past the error message after clicking on Start in Odin either. I guess that I will try with an XP or another Win7 machine later on and see if that works.

Thanks, Keith
    Uninstall drivers, reboot pc, install drivers, make sure usb debugging is on/checked.

10-23-2012 03:28 PM
622 ... 22232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD