[ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

Thought I'd give an update. I apologize for the wait, I'm almost done. All tweaks work as expected, but I'm only having one last issue. The first release should be up tomorrow ;)

Reactions: randyist

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Hey Shabby - CWM does not work with our phones now that it is in GB (the dump of boot.img is all FFs). Not sure why - could it be the difference in kernels? I'd think not, but don't know for sure. Do you have the code for the CWM image you created for us that I could look at and hopefully modify to once again work with our phones. Then we could make a CWM flushable image.

yea firehak has been filling me in on whats been going on. ive never actyually held a replenish in my life lol so making cwm porting was rather difficult... luckily the prevail one compiles just fine and then when packed with yalls recovery image seems to have no issues in regards to booting etc. i know since the prevail now has a full cm7 port most of the stuff should be fairly portable to you guys (great by saying that now the arena rom guys will come and "port" it) either way

https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_samsung_prevail here is the device repo for the prevail, it has all the stuff you need to compile a workable cwm for it.... now you may wish to take it and tweak it a bit to suit yalls phones... see how cm7 works out? etc etc ;)

edit: here

http://kan.gd/1ebn

if someone could let me know how that goes... the fstab should be fixed to do everything this time (both boot and recovery were borked btw) just need to make sure the kets still work and you guys can navigate around :)

this is using the latest cm7 sources so you guys should have a 5.0.2.x recovery now which should be cyan blue and feature faster tar backups :)

Last edited:
Reactions: man or astroman

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Wait, did you compile all of CM7? Or just CWM? I'll gladly do both after the 30th when I get my faster connection, but I may be able to manage working on just the recovery for now.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

http://kan.gd/1ece

ok lets see if this takes care of the whole double vision and colors :)

and no for cm7 i get a few lib errors... which oddly enough im stuck on as well with the e4gt :/ (different libs tho)

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

The recovery fixed boot.img and graphical errors, but now fails to mount /cache /data/ and /system :p

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

actually a rather funny story, myself and k0nane were in acs and we were tryin to figure out how to get images in our sigs and apprently we couldnt get it just right so we both got rom dev... afterwards i started making roms/kernels/oneclick root/cm7/cm9/recoveries i guess they just figured let him keep it :p

as far as cm7 goes i dont have a lot of time to dedicate on it.. id liove to get it to compile and maybe even boot... you guys will never be official (now that cm9 is coming out) but with the right tools and files perhaps someonelike firehak or dmrlook can pick up the peices and get it going :) as soon as i get cwm working 100% im gunna have the files on github so that should anyone ever need to make a new one they can and im gunna bug koush about being official cwm so you guys can at least use rom manager

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

The last issue I'm having is figuring out which apk(s) are causing the home button not to work after factory wiping. As soon as I figure out which file(s) to stop removing I'll be able to upload this!

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

as far as cm7 goes i dont have a lot of time to dedicate on it.. id liove to get it to compile and maybe even boot... you guys will never be official (now that cm9 is coming out) but with the right tools and files perhaps someonelike firehak or dmrlook can pick up the peices and get it going :) as soon as i get cwm working 100% im gunna have the files on github so that should anyone ever need to make a new one they can and im gunna bug koush about being official cwm so you guys can at least use rom manager

Can you do that? Do you know the guy in person or do you have some way to convince him to do it over the internet?

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

The last issue I'm having is figuring out which apk(s) are causing the home button not to work after factory wiping. As soon as I figure out which file(s) to stop removing I'll be able to upload this!

Yay, I will be the guinea pig and test it right when it comes out.
And you're not afraid you are going to brinck your phone by flashing this stuff that you dont even know works to test it? I would be, and that is one reason my ROM developement never took off because after hard bricking my phone once I was scared $hitless to do it again.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I and my brother own replenish phones.. How else would I be testing/dumping this by myself? Anyway, I've got it narrowed down to two apk's. FactoryTest.apk and SetupWizard.apk. One or both of these apk files are needed to setup the buttons on a factory wipe.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

My bet is its FactoryTest.apk is the culprit. I wont put money on that bet though.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

It was the SetupWizard.apk, though pushing it back and wiping again didn't seem to fix it. Falling back to a backup and removing all known bloat but that and testing again. If I get the same results, we're good and I can package the first release.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

It was the SetupWizard.apk, though pushing it back and wiping again didn't seem to fix it. Falling back to a backup and removing all known bloat but that and testing again. If I get the same results, we're good and I can package the first release.

Damn I lose.
But on the other hand we can download your rom very soon because that means the last bug is ironed out!