[ACS][ROM] Phoenix ROM 0.2 & EXT Data

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM

I'm making it a priority to fix 0.1 first so there isn't a need to wait so long, I feel bad. It kinda blew up in my face having the two most important applications giving problems, didn't it? :p If I really can't fix it, I'm sure leaving an odexed copy of them would stop the issues, but I'd rather have a completely deodexed rom for you guys.

Update: I managed to recover 100% of files I wanted/needed back and got my Ubuntu VM back!

View attachment 20524

Awesome! I like the Ubuntu Unity Desktop. I personally can't use it, so I'm on the Ubuntu based Zorin OS 5. I kinda miss the old Gnome Desktop in Ubuntu.

But it's cool to know that you can operate a phone in a VM - I didn't know this. That's cool that I don't have to always boot into windows. I may try the VM soon.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I have a question about root. Do you recommend any specific apps that work well for Wireless tether on this phone? I don't see Barnacle, etc that i use to have on previous phones.

I know there is clockworkmod tether, but that's a 14 day trial. what do you personally use?

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a question about root. Do you recommend any specific apps that work well for Wireless tether on this phone? I don't see Barnacle, etc that i use to have on previous phones.

I know there is clockworkmod tether, but that's a 14 day trial. what do you personally use?

I still use Barnacle; Sprint blocked our access to it via the official Market, but the developers are nice enough to personally host the apk, so you know it's safe.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for disappearing, I didn't realize I'd be helping my mom move into her new place. The upside to that is, I'm here all weekend on a much better connection and have time to work while she's at work and at night. I'm still trying to sort out why phone and mms freak out, but I also took advantage of having speed to download CM7 source and will be downloading regular AOSP source as well.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

sweet man. Sounds good. I always visit the mom...FOOD !!!

and Android help. She has a Replenish as well. I'll soon put a ROM on her phone.

nate3378

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, does anyone using Pheonix Rom 0.1 NOT experience any issues such as the force closes on boot? Also, does anyone know if those issues have been resolved/fixed? I have noticed the download link is still available, so I would assume there are people running this ROM without any issues?
Thanks!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, does anyone using Pheonix Rom 0.1 NOT experience any issues such as the force closes on boot? Also, does anyone know if those issues have been resolved/fixed? I have noticed the download link is still available, so I would assume there are people running this ROM without any issues?
Thanks!

The link is still there because I haven't bothered removing it. I'm still working on finding the cause of the phone and mms apps crashing.I tried about 3 or 4 different methods multiple times each for creating my rom and am having the same issues every time. Rather than release another problematic rom, I'm waiting until I can release something without issues.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

The link is still there because I haven't bothered removing it. I'm still working on finding the cause of the phone and mms apps crashing.I tried about 3 or 4 different methods multiple times each for creating my rom and am having the same issues every time. Rather than release another problematic rom, I'm waiting until I can release something without issues.

I actually just put back the odex for both the phone and the mms and it worked fine for me, before my phone broke. Then i put it back to stock and sent it to samsung.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I actually just put back the odex for both the phone and the mms and it worked fine for me, before my phone broke. Then i put it back to stock and sent it to samsung.

I suspected it would, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible, or de-odexing the rest is almost pointless. I apologize everything is taking so long.. We're working a few things though, and it may be enough that I honestly just skip over a 0.1 fix and go straight to 0.2. If I haven't gotten phone and mms working by then, it will just release without being truly de-odexed for the time being (I'd have to start decompiling and looking at source by then). :(

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Expect a new release sometime today guys :) Skipping 0.1b and going to 0.2! Depending on how things turn out in 0.2 (phone and mms again..) I may hold off on de-odexing them and release a 0.2b afterwards. I've made you guys wait with a crappy rom a bit too long, it's time to finally get this out there and not keep making ACS look bad :p

shrekdaklown

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

lol thats cool man and you dont make acs look bad you show what people are willing to do u do more the most of us will u put in the time and effort to try to make our phones better not but just using a new rom but by making a new rom

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Awsome. I can't wait for the next release. Now that I have my new phone I am looking forward to flashing the rom.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey all! PhoeniX is ready and uploading! Instructions and and updated first post after it's up!

EDIT: Caught a typo in the installer that caused root not to work for apps, but just adb. Fixed and re-uploading. I apologize I didn't get this out sooner even though I promised it would be done today.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I fell asleep while it uploaded. :p First post has been updated.

Last edited:

nate3378

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] PhoeniX ROM 0.2

Thanks Firehak! I am having trouble extracting the downloaded file. For some reason winrar keeps stating "the file is in either unknown format or damaged". I'm not sure how to fix this........any ideas?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Firehak! I am having trouble extracting the downloaded file. For some reason winrar keeps stating "the file is in either unknown format or damaged". I'm not sure how to fix this........any ideas?

Then either your download corrupted, or it corrupted while uploading. Try downloading it again and let me know.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Any issues installing or running it tentonbricks? Gtalk was also left in this time for you ;P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary