[ROM][ciscogee] IC.JeLLY.onGBeaN.S [WIP]

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated 8.23.12
FB03 Deodex "kit" added to POST #2.

Pursuit:
I will be releasing both boost and sprint modified roms when I get them done. I will need all of your help and support on these (beta testing/ideas). This is what is goin to be in my boost rom for starters.

Mods:
Custom ICS/JellyBean theme
Reboot options
Deodexed and zipalighned (given)
Debloated (with bloat options)
Accurate battery % (couple ways to do this. I might make status bar a lil bigger to read % and apply mdpi images?)
Slimmed down horizontals
ICS styled pulldown
Toggle menu on pull down

Now my main concern is finding an updater-script that actually works for individual mods if wanted or I might look into aroma installer for this also.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Boost fb03 roms/mods/themes

[ROMS]
FB03 Deodex:
/system kit: HERE [08232012]
Prerequisites: Currently running stock BOOST FB03 and are rooted with DMRLooKs Custom Kernel (for stock boost/sprint) and have backed up all you wish to hold on to.
This will not format or erase files on your sdcard, it only uses sdcard for location of files for faster transfer rate.

IC.JeLLY.OnGBeaN.S.FB03:

[STOCK MODS] [COMING SOON]
Accurate Battery Mod:
QuickPanelSettings:

Last edited:

TattooPaul

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you put the free version of "Holo Launcher" into this themed ROM instead of crappy stock Sprint launcher, it would add some of the functionality and style of ICS.

Have ICS tablet, and "Holo Launcher" does look and feel very much like ICS, and it's pretty small for a feature packed and customizable launcher.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If you put the free version of "Holo Launcher" into this themed ROM instead of crappy stock Sprint launcher, it would add some of the functionality and style of ICS.

Have ICS tablet, and "Holo Launcher" does look and feel very much like ICS, and it's pretty small for a feature packed and customizable launcher.

I see where you are going with this... I still have to look into the innards of holo, cause tw frameworks hold some files needed to mod the pulldown. If these mods can be added to holo or standalone from tw ill add it.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk 2

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Could you add the power control widget to the pull-down menu like CM7?

Yes that would be what I mean by pulldown toggles. :)
Gonna look into actually getting them up there without the twfamework dependencies so we can use holo in this rom.

TattooPaul

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is a list of "Bare Bones" apps that must be on the phone for proper function:

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
ApplicationsProvider.apk
Calculator.apk
Calendar.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
Camera.apk
CertInstaller.apk
Contacts.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
DataCreate.apk
DefaultContainerService.apk
DeskClock.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
DownloadProviderUi.apk
DrmUA.apk
Email.apk
Gallery3D.apk
Gmail.apk
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
HiddenMenu.apk
HTMLViewer.apk
InputEventApp.apk
KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.apk
Launcher2.apk (or Any other Launcher – I use “Holo Launcher”)
LogsProvider.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaProvider.apk
MediaUploader.apk
Mms.apk (this needs to be replaced with GoSMS in order to text Photos or Music)
NetworkLocation.apk
PackageInstaller.apk
Phone.apk
PhoneErrService.apk
PhoneInfo.apk
Phonesky.apk
PicoTTS.apk (Only needs to be on phone if you want Apps to talk to you)
PrefAct.apk
SecDownloadProvider.apk
SecurityProvider.apk
SelfDiagnosisTest.apk
ServiceModeApp.apk
Settings.apk
SettingsProvider.apk
SetupWizard.apk
SisoDrmProvider.apk
Superuser.apk
SystemInfo.apk
SystemUI.apk
talkback_2.6.0.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
TtsService.apk
UserDictionaryProvider.apk
VoiceDialer.apk
VoiceSearch.apk
VpnServices.apk

Of course these have to be on phone for Bluetooth function (I don't use Bluetooth):
BluetoothOpp.apk
BluetoothPbap.apk
BluetoothTestMode.apk
BrcmBluetoothServices.apk

You will also need a web browser "Dolphin Mini" functions fine when Pushed to ROM so I reccommend it.

Reactions: ciscogee

TattooPaul

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
No RAM. It takes up about 1/3 the ROM space of Stock or Phoenix.

Because of the severly limited space on this phone I try to keep apps out of that "Phone Only" RAM space.

Another Cool piece of information id that "Sprint Hotspot" works after taking ALL the other Sprint stuff off.

Last edited:

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
ece of information id that "Sprint Hotspot" works after taking ALL the other Sprint stuff off.

That's because Sprint Hotspot is built into Settings.apk. People have made modified versions of the Settings.apk that don't feature the Sprint Hotspot icon in the app drawer, but there's no such modification for the Replenish.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
That's because Sprint Hotspot is built into Settings.apk. People have made modified versions of the Settings.apk that don't feature the Sprint Hotspot icon in the app drawer, but there's no such modification for the Replenish.

Can you discibe the mod more?

TattooPaul

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
When I got this phone and tried the "Sprint Hotspot" app it gave me a pop-up that said "You must first contact Customer support and have Sprint Hotspot added to your plan." and it didn't work.

Now it just works. No cost warning,

anon(538593)

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Can you discibe the mod more?

I dont really know much about it, but what I do know is that it doesn't actually remove the Sprint Hotspot feature from the Settings APK, it just removes the icon from the app drawer so you can't access it.

I've tried to see if I could do something similar on my own, and all I could ever do is remove the image from the icon; the actual icon remained, but it had a blank image over the "Sprint Hotspot" text.

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont really know much about it, but what I do know is that it doesn't actually remove the Sprint Hotspot feature from the Settings APK, it just removes the icon from the app drawer so you can't access it.

I've tried to see if I could do something similar on my own, and all I could ever do is remove the image from the icon; the actual icon remained, but it had a blank image over the "Sprint Hotspot" text.

Oic... I'm running phoenix at the moment and I don't see it in seetings... hmmm

ciscogee

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i have someone working on updater-script that will work for flashing just themes and mods, without the formatting etc... i have been theming and modding for last couple of days here is what i have accomplished:

ics horizontals
ics popups (some buttons need touch up)
ics text colors

what im having trouble with
finding ldpi images (what besides statusbar uses ldpi?)
poweroption toggles in pulldown (they are written in twframworks, theyre their but am not sure why they dont show, maybe in smali?)
picking a rom base (i run phoenix_deodex, and just push or CnP apks to test. I really wont get into themeing until i get a script that can easily flash mods, caus if not ima have to retheme boost rom as soon as i get a deodexed rom to flash)

my last mod took out the status bar and had to nandroid, until i find out which mod took it out in back to stock phoenix deodex.

just ta let yall know where im at...

questions and suggestions always welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37