Review from store

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Overall I really wanted a portrait keyboard phone but this phone is definately not the one... especially with Droid Pro and Titanium coming to Sprint. The phone is so big yet the screen is small and it is INTERLACED! Meaning every other line shows which makes for a very poor and dull picture... cheap way to speed up a slow phone at the cost of resolution and screen quality. Again the size is MASSIVE. Keyboard is nothing close to what Blackberry has, the keys are bubbled like the old Palm Treo instead of the current Blackberry which makes it hard to type on. Don't believe the other reviews as well... the phone is laggy.

Overall I was very disappointed by the phone but the droid pro (minus the motorola blur) is more in line with what I am looking for. I don't get why the screen isn't edge to edge instead of a massive border around it... waisted real estate.

Last edited:

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Announces Motorola Titanium, XPRT Business Phones | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

XPRT.jpg

XPRT_Dyn_R_vert_Security_w.jpg

Sprint Announces Motorola Titanium, XPRT Business Phones
Alex Colon By Alex Colon

0diggsdigg Share

Motorola Titanium

Sprint today announced two new Android phones geared towards the enterprise market. The Motorola Titanium is a Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk device that's built to military-grade specifications for durability. The Motorola XPRT is Sprint's first Android phone to deliver enterprise-level security features and international roaming.

Motorola Titanium
A successor to the Motorola i1, the Motorola Titanium is an iDEN device that combines Nextel Direct Connect with Android 2.1 (?clair). It features a full QWERTY keyboard and 3.1-inch touch screen display. Built to be rugged, the Titanium is certified to Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature, and low temperature.

The Titanium supports Direct Connect, which allows for instant, one-to-one push-to-talk communication with any other Nextel Direct Connect subscriber. It also supports corporate email through Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Quickoffice is included so that users can view and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents on the go. There's also a 5-megpixel camera with flash and digital zoom, integrated GPS, and a microSD slot that supports cards up to 32GB.

Pricing and availability for the Motorola Titanium have not yet been announced.

Motorola XPRT
Designed for business users, the Motorola XPRT is a world phone built on Android 2.2 (Froyo). It comes equipped with a pinch-to-zoom capable touch screen, 3.1-inch HVGA display, full QWERTY keyboard and a 1-GHz processor with Adobe Flash 10 Web browsing.
Motorola XPRT

Sprint claims the Motorola XPRT delivers business-class security features with 256-bit AES data encryption, as well as the ability to remotely handle functions like enabling PIN or password lock, password recovery, and data wipe on both the phone and SD card if lost or stolen.

The XPRT comes loaded with Motoblur, Motorola's customized Android skin, which offers personalized content to be delivered to the phone's home screen. It also allows users to view news feeds, updates, and messages from social-networking sites from a single screen.

The Motorola XPRT will be available from Sprint on June 5 for $129.99 with a two-year service agreement.

Check back at PCMag for full reviews of each phone when they have been released.

motorola-xprt-titanium.jpg

Can't decide which one i want

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info .... the XPRT sounds like a Sprint-branded Droid Pro. Might be a good option for my wife, who is a current Blackberry Curve user.

Myriam on Engadget really HATES Motoblur, even more than Sense - I wonder if it is really as bad as she says.

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info .... the XPRT sounds like a Sprint-branded Droid Pro. Might be a good option for my wife, who is a current Blackberry Curve user.

Myriam on Engadget really HATES Motoblur, even more than Sense - I wonder if it is really as bad as she says.

Same boat my wife has a blackbery curve and won't budge to android unless it has a keyboard. I had high hopes for the replenish but was embarrassed seeing it in person and the wife gave it a thumbs down. I think she will like the pro though

Dcook87

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes! I was worried I was going to have to settle for the Replenish if I wanted a portrait qwerty. For ~$80 more the XPRT is a much nicer phone (assuming it's the same as the droid pro).

rc28a

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I take it iDEN is on a different network then the CDMA sprint phones? If that is the case the Titanium is out and the XPRT will be the wifes new phone

vyan28

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
^ does the droid pro waive the $10 fee?

because I'm going for this to upgrade from a touch pro 2 and I don't want to pay another dime for getting newer phones

Dcook87

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
^ does the droid pro waive the $10 fee?

because I'm going for this to upgrade from a touch pro 2 and I don't want to pay another dime for getting newer phones

I believe all smartphones (android, Win 7, iOS) from this point forward will required the $10 additional monthly charge. The only exception is the Replenish because Sprint probably assumes anyone who buys that phone won't be using that much data.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed in the Replenish also when I saw it at the store. I dunno if saving the $10 / month is worth that. The Droid Pro I liked tho; my lady likes it too. She hasn't seen the Replenish tho, but I think that'd be a step down from her current Optimus. We'll see if anything else comes out between now & September when she'd actually be getting the phone.

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
We've never had a smartphone of any kind before (I've had a Samsung Impression, which was almost, but not quite there, a 'dumb' phone) and the Replenish looked really good when we looked at it in the store. I like big phones, and physical keyboards are a must for me, so this looks great.

Reading/Watching the reviews that are out so far, I haven't found anything that is off-putting. The fact that they're waiving the data fee saves a lot over two years, and I think we're really going to like being able to use apps, and have email, and things like that.

So I think for people who haven't experienced iPhones and Blackberries and those higher-grade phones will like it simply because you can't really tell what you're missing.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed in the Replenish also when I saw it at the store. I dunno if saving the $10 / month is worth that. The Droid Pro I liked tho; my lady likes it too. She hasn't seen the Replenish tho, but I think that'd be a step down from her current Optimus. We'll see if anything else comes out between now & September when she'd actually be getting the phone.
They must have made a change to the phone
I tried a Replenish and a Xprt yesterday and the Replenish keyboard felt better.
My problem with the XPRT is that you cant use it dual mode in the lower 48

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463