What drawbacks are there/have you found with the Replenish?

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any kind of smartphone, so this phone looks really awesome. I know it's not going to be as good as one that's top of the line, but in what ways? I've heard it's slower, has a mediocre camera, low screen resolution, and strange battery life (uses more while in standby?).

Anything else? What makes it not as good as another smartphone?

itsme2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Replenish for 2 weeks, upgrading from a Treo 700.

Battery life is worrisome, though OEM spares seem to be cheap and work. If you turn on GPS, battery consumption is huge. I haven't done formal tests, but with the GPS on, I'm guessing battery life is in the 1-2 hour range.

The reception is poorer than my Treo. While sitting on my favorite toilet, my Treo got signal, but was too slow to do anything with it; whereas my Replenish doesn't get any signal in the same spot.

Low internal storage space. I'm already using 90% of my internal memory, and I pushed most of my apps to the SD card.

The screen is kind of dim and hard to read outdoors on a sunny day.

The battery door is not easy to pop off. You need to find a good, flat piece of metal to stick into the pry hole ( I found a nail clipper handle to be perfect).

BT connection with my Jawbone 2 doesn't seem to be flawless. Seems like I have to take an extra step or two to get them to connect after they've already been paired. The same Jawbone was ok with my old phone.

I have not used another droid phone, so I can see that perhaps people are more used to a larger res screen or faster processor. However, since I upgraded from a Treo, I just love everything that the Replenish can do. I do not regret upgrading, but is there room for improvement? Yes.

Reactions: Lumos

Lumos

May 28, 2011
Visit site
1-2 hours, sheesh. I guess that's one thing I won't be playing with unless I need it.

You mean 90% including the 2G card or without? I'm trying to decide if I'll need to buy a bigger one, but I don't know what size is best.

I was looking forward to finally having a phone that would open easily! All the videos made it look super easy, and the phone I have now practically takes a jackhammer to get it off.

dakine44

May 29, 2011
Visit site
So far i love my eco-friendly phone. The one thing will be the picasa bug but all you got to do is when your first sync the phone do it while uploading a picture if not you will need a factory restore for that.

Love and Equality for all.

young_mossy

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The LED notification is completely unusable. it only blinks 5 times and never blinks again.... The only button that wakes up the screen in the power button. other than that the OS is pretty good, though not great.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had the phone for about a week now. Drawbacks? So far it would be the camera and the low resolution screen. Other than that I have been pretty happy. Batter time has actually been pretty good and it is nice to have a keyboard. I did not realize how much I really missed having one. If you are someone that really like pictures and video this is not the phone for you. If you want a simple phone with Android and a compact keyboard then this is going to be perfect. I have ordered the solar panel and am looking forward to trying that out soon too. (PS..I am a Sprint product ambassador for this device)