06-05-2013 10:51 PM
34 12
tools
    I have Tried, tried etc to root this prevail to no avail. Ive followed all the instructions there are , what now?
    08-30-2011 06:40 PM
    I have Tried, tried etc to root this prevail to no avail. Ive followed all the instructions there are , what now?
    are you getting a specific error?

do you have the drivers for the phone installed with de-bugging mode enabled?
    08-30-2011 09:32 PM
    I want to start by saying thank you to everybody, I have tried everything and still can't root the phone.
    Is there something that i am missing?
    I am using windows XP.
    Is there a file that i need to install besides the one click root and the drivers
    PLEASE HELP
    08-31-2011 11:54 AM
    I want to start by saying thank you to everybody, I have tried everything and still can't root the phone.
    Is there something that i am missing?
    I am using windows XP.
    Is there a file that i need to install besides the one click root and the drivers
    PLEASE HELP
    are you sure you have the drivers installed? go to your device manger just to make sure and debugging has to be on in order for it to work.
    09-01-2011 07:52 PM
    Forgot to get a screenshot, but this method worked for my Replenish as well!! It took me about 3 tries...the key was to run the batch file after rebooting my phone, just when the lock screen came up. The times I tried before that, I was getting errors because it wasn't able to create the directories it needed. Superuser and Busybox are now installed...time to get Netflix streaming working on my tiny screen!

how did u get it i keep getting errors but it says i should be rooted but im not please help me out

Thanks to all who worked on this exploit! Now if someone can whip up a kernel and some custom ROMs...
    10-23-2011 09:31 PM
    Didn't work on my Replenish.
    Here's the output of the script:

Please unlock phone, and press enter when done.
    You need to enable usb debugging first

Press any key to continue . . .
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *

PHONE WILL REBOOT
    PLEASE SAVE WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING NOW
    PRESS ENTER WHEN READY
    HERE WE GO

75 KB/s (5899 bytes in 0.076s)
    error: device not found
    Wait for phone to reconnect...
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    mount: Operation not permitted
    40 KB/s (4292 bytes in 0.103s)
    Copying files onto phone...
    failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': No such file or directory
    failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
    stem
    failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': No such file or directory
    failed to copy 'remount' to '/system/xbin/remount': No such file or directory
    Setting permissions...
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/remount: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
    link failed Read-only file system
    Installing busybox...
    /system/xbin/busybox: not found
    Cleaning up files...
    "You should have root!"

theedman22 likes this.
    10-26-2011 09:47 PM
    Thank you I rooted my prevail. All i want it for is to get rid of bloatware.
    01-09-2012 09:08 PM
    Please tell me what you guys did to be able to root your Prevail (I have a Samsung Precedent. I'm told they are the same). I come up with the same script that you have posted here. Can't seem to get past it on either an XP or Vista computer. Any info would be appreciated.. :-)
    06-06-2012 12:07 AM
    This is now old and outdated. The One CLick app is not available anymore. Found one site that did but you would have to pay about 24 dollars for it!!! dang it! I will keep looking online! :-(
    06-05-2013 10:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD