need a few testers

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
ok guys so i have a custom rom in the works for yall

its nothing fancy, but will improve speed and battery

now before i go releasing it publicly id like to test it first.. as i dont have this phone.... that is where yall come in :D

Reactions: anon(335536)

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
SO I am confused - I thought we did not have a way of flashing this phone as of yet, so how do we get a custom ROM on there?

What can I do to help, and will this brick my phone? The correct answer of course is no :)

djjavejav

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
SO I am confused - I thought we did not have a way of flashing this phone as of yet, so how do we get a custom ROM on there?

What can I do to help, and will this brick my phone? The correct answer of course is no :)
Shabby,

I would be down for testing the custom ROM, especially cause my battery life is TERRIBLE...but don't we need a custom kernel and recovery? It's probably included in your package...but I'd rather ask than assume...

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
no there is no recovery, i have a few tricks up my sleeve on how the rom gets there :p

i just want to make this very clear, the risk of "bricking" is slim.. but you do need to be forewarned, if it works and you are happy then great, you have a faster better custom rom on your phone.. but there is no way at the moment to return to stock, so if you need to return it or bring it in... i can help you make it look like it was never rooted but it wont be true stock

if your interested please click the prevail link in my signature and you can chat with me there

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I had a bunch of errors when I ran the script, so none of the files actually got where they need to go. The file system was never mounted as read/write, so none of the other things worked. I suspect the "KillingMeSoftly" exploit did not work properly.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When I type "adb shell" I only get the "$" prompt, not the "#" one, so I'm sure that's the issue (I am not super user). typing su changes the prompt to "#" so I know I am rooted. Now to figure out how to get the shell to always start as su...

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep - already sent him a PM with the screen. However I'm pretty sure it is the lack of su for adb shell commands. At least my phone is still working :)

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
the issue was the script isnt grabbing a rooted shell, which is the purpose of it. i could put out a version that requires root first, i was kinda hoping to get this all set just like shabbymod does so that someone who is stock can just go right into installing it

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd leave the script as is. Most people will want to use it the way you have it, assuming they can get KMS to work properly. If I have time tonight, I'll do as we discussed and let you know how it goes.

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

ultimind

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What has been changed in this ROM to affect the battery life? It it something that can be changed on a rooted Replenish without flashing a new ROM?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got Shabby's mod running now on the Replenish (thanks to his help) and it is working beautifully. Seems more responsive so far. I've only had it running for a few hours, and major storms in the area knocked out sprints cell towers, so too soon to comment on it extending battery life. Hopefully the towers will be back up tomorrow and I'll have a better chance of evaluation. At any rate, all is working well. His installation process was a one-click deal that just took about 2 minutes to install, and another few minutes for the phone to reboot. Remember to do a factory wipe after the install (as the install states when complete).

Great job ShabbyPenguin!

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund