[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd go straight to 0.2. 0.1 is no less beta than 0.2, and 0.2 is improved over 0.1 (as one would hope :) )

There has been some talk that once you go to EF27, you can no longer gain root access, in which case it will be impossible to install any version of leaf rom. And finally, some of what was updated via EF27 will be undone b going to EF27. If it were me, I'd wait until shabby released a version of leaf rom based off of EF27.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd go straight to 0.2. 0.1 is no less beta than 0.2, and 0.2 is improved over 0.1 (as one would hope :) )

There has been some talk that once you go to EF27, you can no longer gain root access, in which case it will be impossible to install any version of leaf rom. And finally, some of what was updated via EF27 will be undone b going to EF27. If it were me, I'd wait until shabby released a version of leaf rom based off of EF27.

Here's a interesting fact..
Once I got my new samsung replenish the first thing I did was update to ed27
Then I tryed root..
Surprisin it really did work.
I tried leafrom0.1 but it didn't work..

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You might wan tto try with leafrom 0.2. Shabby changed the timing on the scripts calling of KMS, so you may have better luck. It seems there is hope with rooting after EF7 after all.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
You might wan tto try with leafrom 0.2. Shabby changed the timing on the scripts calling of KMS, so you may have better luck. It seems there is hope with rooting after EF7 after all.

Yeah, someone else posted that they had success after trying multiple times. I only tried and failed 2 or 3 times on my brothers EF27 phone, but I was only trying to run KMS to grab a system dump. I may have more luck later if I flash the rom instead just rooting.

EDIT: I want to apologize for an earlier post. It seems there is a lock screen section to UOT. And, modifying/re-packing framework-res.apk works perfectly. I was able to change all the icons I wanted this time by comparing the extracted version of the original and my modified one to rename icons. For whoever mentioned transparency not working, pay attention to the mods you pick. There was a notice right under a check box saying that it only worked in gingerbread. Some will tell you if they don't work

Last edited:

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, someone else posted that they had success after trying multiple times. I only tried and failed 2 or 3 times on my brothers EF27 phone, but I was only trying to run KMS to grab a system dump. I may have more luck later if I flash the rom instead just rooting.

EDIT: I want to apologize for an earlier post. It seems there is a lock screen section to UOT. And, modifying/re-packing framework-res.apk works perfectly. I was able to change all the icons I wanted this time by comparing the extracted version of the original and my modified one to rename icons. For whoever mentioned transparency not working, pay attention to the mods you pick. There was a notice right under a check box saying that it only worked in gingerbread. Some will tell you if they don't work

I guess I'm goin to try one more time nd flash leafrom 0.2 with uot mods too..but tomorrow cause I just came from my vacation

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm goin to try one more time nd flash leafrom 0.2 with uot mods too..but tomorrow cause I just came from my vacation

So I did LeafRom 0.2 .it worked but I received a lot of notice of force stop but it worked.haha
It seems better but I never expected go launcher to be the launcher.
Nd I tryed uot firehak just like u guys said...it didn't work..
Any ideas why it didn't work?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
So I did LeafRom 0.2 .it worked but I received a lot of notice of force stop but it worked.haha
It seems better but I never expected go launcher to be the launcher.
Nd I tryed uot firehak just like u guys said...it didn't work..
Any ideas why it didn't work?

We can't begin to troubleshoot without knowing what you did, how you did it, and what exactly isn't working. For example, list some picked mods, how you sent them, etc..

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
We can't begin to troubleshoot without knowing what you did, how you did it, and what exactly isn't working. For example, list some picked mods, how you sent them, etc..
I chose basically everything..nd then I uploaded the framework.apk
Then waited for it to cook.
Then transfered to LeafRom 0.2 then run the leafrom.exe

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
You're going to have to be a little more specific, choosing "basically everything" would lead to conflicting mods, and some features are specific to Gingerbread. Why are you using leafrom.exe by the way? It's outdated. I updated and renamed to SendLeaf. Or, do you mean you ran the Leaf-Rom.bat file?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The new version of my app is almost done. Once I finish (most likely tonight), I'll make a video with it. I've got to make a help/readme pdf with explanations on everything anyway. Aside from using my app, the readme will cover things like using adb manually for anything I may have missed.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The new version of my app is almost done. Once I finish (most likely tonight), I'll make a video with it. I've got to make a help/readme pdf with explanations on everything anyway. Aside from using my app, the readme will cover things like using adb manually for anything I may have missed.
I couldn't have ask for more..btw way what is "download mode?" I found an app which triggers the modes it have like recovery mode.bootloader mode .etc...

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
It allows us to flash roms by telling your phone to listen for a program like Odin. To be more specific, we don't need to use scripts or exploits like we currently use for sending LeafRom to our phones. If we brick our phones, download mode will allow us to recover where most methods would otherwise fail.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Interestin..nd that's what shabbypenguin needs..the buttons to activate download mode....wonder if its possible to see the commands the app causes to activate download mode...
I tried it.. and it just stays there saying "downloading..."
I guess I need the programs like odin

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long hithereawesomeness. I went to a friends house to troubleshoot his server. I'm going through the last bit of testing and have what I think is a pretty detailed readme pdf file. You may not need a video after reading it, but I don't know. Hopefully I'll get stuff posted today.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long hithereawesomeness. I went to a friends house to troubleshoot his server. I'm going through the last bit of testing and have what I think is a pretty detailed readme pdf file. You may not need a video after reading it, but I don't know. Hopefully I'll get stuff posted today.

I was wonderin.lol
I thought u got annoyed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz