[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
that would be super awesome. ill try to give you more of a heads up next time so that sendleaf0.3 will be bundled ;)

That would be great! After two releases, I seem to know what I'm doing a lot better now. The first release I found out launched every adb command at almost all at once instead of waiting for each command to finish. Live output made it harder, so I ditched the console for update messages in the bottom. Now I've got a pretty good outline for creating future updates until/if we no longer send the rom through adb. I'll send you a pm once I get a version for ShabbyMod. Is the latest version still 0.9?

camillo4u

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think sprint must really like me because I'm getting an OTA update notification every 15 minutes or so...I had to turn of my internet because it was driving me nuts....There must be a way to disable the OTA update notifications.

From what I have researched this is the answer?

"I do not think you can halt the attempts by the manufacturer or carrier to install an OTA update unless you root and flash a ROM which will not "see" the update (or that will disallow the update to "see" your device"

Any other thoughts?

EDIT: Even turning off 3G didn't help....still getting the updates.

Last edited:

Freakb18c1

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think sprint must really like me because I'm getting an OTA update notification every 15 minutes or so...I had to turn of my internet because it was driving me nuts....There must be a way to disable the OTA update notifications.

From what I have researched this is the answer?

"I do not think you can halt the attempts by the manufacturer or carrier to install an OTA update unless you root and flash a ROM which will not "see" the update (or that will disallow the update to "see" your device"

Any other thoughts?

EDIT: Even turning off 3G didn't help....still getting the updates.

did you try letting it attempt to update , let it fail then reboot? this is what i did i have yet to get another notification for the update.

trenchtownrocked

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
maybe i missed the answer in this thread already but i was wondering...i already applied the ef27 update, am i able to use this? really interested in giving this rom a go, thanks

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
maybe i missed the answer in this thread already but i was wondering...i already applied the ef27 update, am i able to use this? really interested in giving this rom a go, thanks

At the moment, no. EF27 has done something to block the exploit and we haven't found a way to root yet. Until the Odin files are ready, you can't (To our knowledge). You can still try running it, but I can't re-root my brother's updated phone at the moment to provide stock dumps. :(

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you could update the first post in the thread to correct the typo that has two change log entries listed as 0.1. I'm easily confused :)

dberlin

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something? If I understand you correctly, firehak, you're saying that EF27 can't be rooted? Then explain to me how I'm running a rooted Replenish with EF27 :p

If, however, you're saying that the update has blocked Leaf's ability to root itself, then sorry for the misunderstanding. On top of that, I must admit I'm a little reluctant to flash the rom. So far, I'm quite happy with the stock, and, dependent on the answer to my prior question, I may very well brick my phone trying this ><

I would like to know what the deal is with Leaf and EF27 before I go ahead and destroy my first Android phone in pursuit of that knowledge :D So any feedback is much appreciated ^^

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something? If I understand you correctly, firehak, you're saying that EF27 can't be rooted? Then explain to me how I'm running a rooted Replenish with EF27 :p

If, however, you're saying that the update has blocked Leaf's ability to root itself, then sorry for the misunderstanding. On top of that, I must admit I'm a little reluctant to flash the rom. So far, I'm quite happy with the stock, and, dependent on the answer to my prior question, I may very well brick my phone trying this ><

I would like to know what the deal is with Leaf and EF27 before I go ahead and destroy my first Android phone in pursuit of that knowledge :D So any feedback is much appreciated ^^

Sorry for the confusion. If you have root on a stock EF27, we have an important task for you if you are willing. My brothers phone was an ED23, updated, and lost root. I am unable to re-root it for some reason. If we create Odin images, exploiting to flash from stock will be unnecessary. The update removed /system/xbin/su and nothing else, but the exploit used for the Replenish and Prevail is not working any more for my brother's phone. Also, what steps did you take to root your phone? Maybe we tried something different?

Attempting to send LeafRom wouldn't actually ruin your phone, even if it failed to send. Yes, there is always a chance of something, but if EF27 really can't be rooted with our method, none of the files would be removed or sent correctly and you would just be rebooted into your stock ROM.

Last edited:

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
dberlin if you would be so kind as to download terminal emulator from teh market and do this command

dd if=/dev/stl12 of=/sdcard/EF27system.rfs

take that file off your sdcard and upload it for me :)

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
dberlin if you would be so kind as to download terminal emulator from teh market and do this command

dd if=/dev/stl12 of=/sdcard/EF27system.rfs

take that file off your sdcard and upload it for me :)

Exactly what I was thinking, Shabby :) The ShabbyMod app is about done too. Still trying to make improvements and an as friendly as possibly for newbies UI.

dberlin

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So sorry for the long wait. Had the file since about two minutes after you asked--didn't have access to a computer to send it, and apparently you can't upload from the phone browser :p Now I have a computer, but the website's refusing my upload. Even tried renaming it to "EF27system.apk" cuz the uploader says there are size limits and a .apk is the only format that could handle the size of the file >< Regardless, it didn't work :/

Oh, and the rooting. I did root my ED23, updated, lost root, rerooted successfully. Just did the same thing as before--the key thing for me was that the .bat had to be run twice. The first time it rebooted the phone, but not rooted. The second time it rooted the phone (and rebooted too). Needed to do that both for ED23 and EF27 hope the info is helpful ^^

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Bah. I've tried multiple times on EF27 for my brothers :-\ Try megaupload, btw. I've uploaded my dumps to it for Shabby before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma