[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.1

hahah i would love to but as it seems for replenish owners many of the screenshot apps come out all jumbled and the ones that dont have a nasty blue tint all the way thru em. as i dont have this phone i cant get pictures of it as well :(

Would you like me to try? My screenshots come out jumbled unless I do it from the PC, but then they have a tint. I could try touching them up with Gimp though.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Would you like me to try? My screenshots come out jumbled unless I do it from the PC, but then they have a tint. I could try touching them up with Gimp though.

I'd LOVE you to try. :)

Edit: The about screen would be perfect, unless there are major UI changes that need seen

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I ought to have something up for you in a few minutes then. Just check back for an edit ;)

The battery is from UOT. There weren't any real UI changes unless you count replacing launcher with GO Launcher EX. And luckily, only the battery tinted!

attachment.php

EDIT: For anyone else like me who didn't know the details of creating or finding boot animations, here are the simple steps to making them work!
  1. Each png frame must be named similar to "boot000000.png, boot000001.png," etc.
  2. For animations with fewer frames, lower your frame rate. Mine has just over 40. 10fps is perfect. (30fps was over in a split second)
  3. The Replenish is 240x320 in portrait mode. Make sure your png files and desc.txt file match it!
  4. When creating bootanimation.zip, DO NOT compress it. Make sure you use "store" mode. For me, this was as easy as right clicking the part folders and desc.txt, going to 7zip->Add to archive and making sure archive format was zip with "compression level" set to "store"

Sorry for my earlier confusion Shabby! I did a few Google searches and read through a bunch of forum posts to find out that my problem was using a compressed zip instead of store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I ought to have something up for you in a few minutes then. Just check back for an edit ;)

The battery is from UOT. There weren't any real UI changes unless you count replacing launcher with GO Launcher EX. And luckily, only the battery tinted!

attachment.php

EDIT: For anyone else like me who didn't know the details of creating or finding boot animations, here are the simple steps to making them work!
  1. Each png frame must be named similar to "boot000000.png, boot000001.png," etc.
  2. For animations with fewer frames, lower your frame rate. Mine has just over 40. 10fps is perfect. (30fps was over in a split second)
  3. The Replenish is 240x320 in portrait mode. Make sure your png files and desc.txt file match it!
  4. When creating bootanimation.zip, DO NOT compress it. Make sure you use "store" mode. For me, this was as easy as right clicking the part folders and desc.txt, going to 7zip->Add to archive and making sure archive format was zip with "compression level" set to "store"

Sorry for my earlier confusion Shabby! I did a few Google searches and read through a bunch of forum posts to find out that my problem was using a compressed zip instead of store.

Firehak..think u can make a video..
I would want to get a black status bar and gingerbread battery icon
Nd a better lockscreen.:)
Am I askin too much?

negativequity

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

When does the animation play?

As for Shabby's ROM, it is faster and the battery does last longer. The install process was a breeze. I'm a happy customer. Thanks Shabby!
dmrlook- hey i'm an ubuntu guy new to android and could use some help with this procedure- can you assist me?

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Firehak..think u can make a video..
I would want to get a black status bar and gingerbread battery icon
Nd a better lockscreen.:)
Am I askin too much?

You can't do lock screens from UOT. However, there are apps if you do some searching online that will replace it. Even my music player (songbird) replaces the lock screen when playing music. As for your theme mods, have you looked at the UOT site yet? Every mod is divided into it's own tab/section. It's really easy to pick and choose what you want. I can't do a video at the moment because I'm preparing my flasher for LeafRom 0.3 and getting it to work on ShabbyMod 0.9, too. If done in time, it'll be released for LeafRom 0.2 and I can make a video with it.

Last edited:

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You can't do lock screens from UOT. However, there are apps if you do some searching online that will replace it. Even my music player (songbird) replaces the lock screen when playing music. As for your theme mods, have you looked at the UOT site yet? Every mod is divided into it's own tab/section. It's really easy to pick and choose what you want. I can't do a video at the moment because I'm preparing my flasher for LeafRom 0.3 and getting it to work on ShabbyMod 0.9, too. If done in time, it'll be released for LeafRom 0.2 and I can make a video with it.

LeafTom 0.3?
Damn u guys are goin fast.lol
That's good..
Thing is I did go but it said some mods won't work on froyo on some phones

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If the mods don't work, you will see the normal icons and images instead. I have no idea what does and doesn't work eother. I'd like to have the dark theme instead of our default light one, but you can't replace all the icons without some manual tinkering. I just stick to my sense battery icon mod that shows the battery percentage. It's pretty much just guess and check.

As for LeafRom 0.3, I don't know when it's actually coming out. Shabbypenguin does all that work, I'm just getting my app prepared for when it does, and if it flashes over in the same way. My app isn't going to be able to send the rom over if we move to flashing with Odin. But, I've got other features being worked in.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If the mods don't work, you will see the normal icons and images instead. I have no idea what does and doesn't work eother. I'd like to have the dark theme instead of our default light one, but you can't replace all the icons without some manual tinkering. I just stick to my sense battery icon mod that shows the battery percentage. It's pretty much just guess and check.

As for LeafRom 0.3, I don't know when it's actually coming out. Shabbypenguin does all that work, I'm just getting my app prepared for when it does, and if it flashes over in the same way. My app isn't going to be able to send the rom over if we move to flashing with Odin. But, I've got other features being worked in.
oh ok...so with the new replenish im goin to try nd get the mods to work..if i can ill post them here a copy or send them to shappypenguin

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's a couple things that I've seen not working properly in the UOT kitchen.

1. Transparency in the pulldown status window. Rather than the transparent black that I picked, it just reverts to solid black.

2. Signal level icon changes. I suspect this has to do with how the icon is named for Sprint phones. I dug around in the apk and discovered that the icons are specifically labelled for Sprint, so I assume the phone does not use the generic CMDA labelled ones. I will try and rename the icons or edit the existing ones in Photoshop today to see if it's simply a naming issue.

3. For some reason, it turned my clock in the status bar black. Makes it hard to read against a black status bar. I haven't looked into this much, as I have a clock on my homescreen anyway, but I'll dig into the xml files to see if I can find the value to change this later.

The loading circle icons seem to work fine, as do the menu dividers, glow on popup menus, status bar, and most other icons that I remember changing. The biggest thing for me was the battery icon, so I'm just happy that works.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's a couple things that I've seen not working properly in the UOT kitchen.

1. Transparency in the pulldown status window. Rather than the transparent black that I picked, it just reverts to solid black.

2. Signal level icon changes. I suspect this has to do with how the icon is named for Sprint phones. I dug around in the apk and discovered that the icons are specifically labelled for Sprint, so I assume the phone does not use the generic CMDA labelled ones. I will try and rename the icons or edit the existing ones in Photoshop today to see if it's simply a naming issue.

3. For some reason, it turned my clock in the status bar black. Makes it hard to read against a black status bar. I haven't looked into this much, as I have a clock on my homescreen anyway, but I'll dig into the xml files to see if I can find the value to change this later.

The loading circle icons seem to work fine, as do the menu dividers, glow on popup menus, status bar, and most other icons that I remember changing. The biggest thing for me was the battery icon, so I'm just happy that works.

U must have a lucky replenish.so far it doesn't work for me at all

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably because you're not doing it correctly. As far as I know, you're not supposed to be using recovery mode. You're supposed to flash it like LeafROM, except with the newly cooked framework-res.apk inserted into LeafROM (or with ONLY that file if you don't feel like flashing the entire ROM).

Reactions: Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably because you're not doing it correctly. As far as I know, you're not supposed to be using recovery mode. You're supposed to flash it like LeafROM, except with the newly cooked framework-res.apk inserted into LeafROM (or with ONLY that file if you don't feel like flashing the entire ROM).

this :)

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on making the front page here, Shabby! :)

Hithereawesomness, they're right. You don't use update.zip in recovery mode. We extract the custom files and either use adb manually, re-flash the rom, or use my tool to send it over. If my parents could stop running me everywhere every 10 minutes and let me work, I'd probably have the new version out already that lets you remove extra bloat, too. :( It'll come with a helpful pdf file explaining all the customization stuff, how to do it manually, and whatever else I can think of. So please, bare with me! Shabby is doing great work for us, so hopefully I can keep releasing stuff to help make customization easier on everyone allowing him to focus on his own projects :)

Last edited:

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on making the front page here, Shabby! :)

Hithereawesomness, they're right. You don't use update.zip in recovery mode. We extract the custom files and either use adb manually, re-flash the rom, or use my tool to send it over. If my parents could stop running me everywhere every 10 minutes and let me work, I'd probably have the new version out already that lets you remove extra bloat, too. :( It'll come with a helpful pdf file explaining all the customization stuff, how to do it manually, and whatever else I can think of. So please, bare with me! Shabby is doing great work for us, so hopefully I can keep releasing stuff to help make customization easier on everyone allowing him to focus on his own projects :)

Yeah shabby congrats on that too.
Nd now I get it..lol I'm goin to try tomorrow but will leafrom 0.1 or .2 work on the new update they sent us?the ed27?

grndslm

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah shabby congrats on that too.
Nd now I get it..lol I'm goin to try tomorrow but will leafrom 0.1 or .2 work on the new update they sent us?the ed27?

I'd like to try this LeafRom now, as well, but I already updated to ED27, also!!!!

Is this a problem??

What steps do I need to take to try this out? Does it need to be in developer mode ("usb debugging" under settings)? Do I need to have some android SDK stuff installed on my desktopOS? Do I need drivers??

I can learn if I have a good enough teacher... ;)

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to try this LeafRom now, as well, but I already updated to ED27, also!!!!

Is this a problem??

What steps do I need to take to try this out? Does it need to be in developer mode ("usb debugging" under settings)? Do I need to have some android SDK stuff installed on my desktopOS? Do I need drivers??

I can learn if I have a good enough teacher... ;)

Ok this is how:
Debugging mode is a must.
Download the leafrom 0.1 because the beta 0.2 is still beta
Then run the .exe file
Unmount the sd card when it says to.
Then let it sit there until it says "you have root!" Or something like that