Knox Warranty Void

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a Galaxy S4, i9505, Portugal Vodafone.
I had my phone rooted, then i used triangle away, unrooted, put it back to factory.
I have never updated to 4.3, i am still on 4.2.2. But, when i go into download mode, it says knox warranty void 0x1, knowing that knox warranty is a feature found on 4.3, why the well does i have it?
When i search for software update, it says that one of the new features i will have on 4.3 is "knox for consumer".
Does it means that i have 4.3 bootloader, but 4.2.2 software? I would like to know if theres any possibility of not losing my warranty..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I had my phone rooted, then i used triangle away, unrooted, put it back to factory.
I have never updated to 4.3, i am still on 4.2.2. But, when i go into download mode, it says knox warranty void 0x1, knowing that knox warranty is a feature found on 4.3, why the well does i have it?
When i search for software update, it says that one of the new features i will have on 4.3 is "knox for consumer".
Does it means that i have 4.3 bootloader, but 4.2.2 software? I would like to know if theres any possibility of not losing my warranty..

As I recall, Knox was implemented in a system update for the S4.
As you obviously have it, your warranty is void. To my knowledge no one has been able to get around the Knox counter yet.

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
As I recall, Knox was implemented in a system update for the S4.
As you obviously have it, your warranty is void. To my knowledge no one has been able to get around the Knox counter yet.

So, it doesn't make any sense saying that one of the new features, it's already being used...

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, it doesn't make any sense saying that one of the new features, it's already being used...

Posted via Android Central App

I was kinda confused myself. But it may be closer to what you said, you have a 4.3 bootloader but a 4.2 ROM.

skeamznz

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I was kinda confused myself. But it may be closer to what you said, you have a 4.3 bootloader but a 4.2 ROM.

Hey guys,

4.3 was not the first Knox bootloader MH8 which was a 4.2.2 firmware had Knox enabled. Go to settings--->about phone what is your baseband? MH1 was the last non Knox firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol