Samsung KNOX voids warranty?

nikhil bose

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to install Samsung KNOX in my Note 3. It prompts me a message "Your device is not authorized to enter KNOX mode" and i'm advised to contact samsung customer service center. They checked my device and replied me that as I've installed KNOX, it tripped the KNOX fuse and warranty is void. All I need is to get the mother board replaced paying extra money.

Is there any thing that Samsung has introduced as a simple application in the Home screen that voids the warranty and make the customer trapped? Please let me know if anybody has same. experience. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow....this instance is really strange. It seems very counterproductive for Knox to trip it's own counter.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
is the phone rooted?
if not...I thing that there is a bug in it that trip knox on the installation....
That should have not happen....something is wrong somewhere....so it should be under warranty....
when I first got mine..I thought I wouldn't like it so I uninstalled it....later I wanted to try it.downloaded it from the store....turned it on....no problem....
again later I had to factory restored the note 3...the knox came back...then I activated it again.no problem on my side.

Now, when you first bought the phone did you have knox app on your phone??? where r u from?
if yes, it should have not had any problem.
Now I wonder if some country have that app or not!!!!
Maybe knox was not in your boot loader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC