Knox Lock tripped, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Knox Lock tripped, need advice.

I tried updating my Samsung note 4 phone via the in phone update process but it kept crashing during update and said to use kies to update. I then tried this but the update also failed and it said firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use recovery mode in Kies & try again. The only problem is the emergency recovery also failed multiple times and somehow my knox warranty became void, showing 0x1 (3). I have never tried to install any custom firmware on my phone or done anything besides use official Samsung updates. I am about 8 months into my (now void) 1 year warranty and the only authorised repairers in my city have said they can only replace the board for $350, but as I have never software tampered I was wondering if there's any other option besides replacing the board or actually tampering with the software? I provided them with a dated screenshot from kies 3 showing the emergency recovery for my phone but they didn't believe knox could be tripped without software tampering. What's my best option now or has anyone else encountered this problem?
Odin Mode info;
Product name: SM-N910G
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Warranty Void 0x1 (3)

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member