Hello guys,

i would like to buy i smartwatch for my running rounds and hiking days. Optically i like the S3 and Fit2 a lot. But would it be the right one for my field of application?

- how would be the GPS accuracy? Especially important for running ...
    - how would be the altimeter accuracy?
    - would there be a naviagtion feature or app available? So that i can create my hiking route before on a pc or smartphone?
    - how would be the battery life with activated navigation and tracking (GPS and maybe HR)?
    - HR during running measurable?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
    HANNES
    05-11-2018 10:11 AM
    I have the Gear S3 and use it to track my running. I use the Endomondo app on the S3 to track my runs. It captures altitude, HR, position, time, etc. During the run (or other activity), it has several screens available including a live map of your position. After about 1.5 hour of tracking my activity I see only a few % drop in battery. Not enough to really notice.

Previously I had a Samsung Gear Fit 2. I tried to use it to actively track my run several times but I experienced very slow response to the UI and it just didn't work well. So I would use Endomondo on my phone to track position, time, elevation and let the Gear Fit 2 do it's usual heart rate and steps monitoring. I don't know if the Fit 2 Pro has solved those issues or not.
    05-23-2018 08:40 AM