spell check language

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Strat does the same thing...may not be Spanish but the word suggestions are definitely not English. I checked her default language and it is set to English US.

demonss

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This is a very easy fix.. My phone was doing this today too.
It also affects the text recognition (if you want to make a text message using your voice)

Here's what you need to do.

Open something so you can type a message (like a text message)
open your VIRTUAL keyboard.

when it's open at the bottom next to the space bar there is the key for , (coma)

Next to it there is a globe looking thing with lettering in it.. mine said ES which basically meant any autocorrect or voice recognization was going to be in spanish.. click it a bunch of times till it gets back to EN and everything should be normal.

Hope that solves your problem. again mine was doing the same thing.. language options said english and all.

klav57

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem ever since my 7 year old decided to try out my phone. I ould find anything in the manual about how to fix it. this was very helpful. Thank you!

southerland40

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this. Most of these "little" issues are precisely the ones that drive you crazy the most AND never seem to be covered in manuals.

rewolff

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Old thread, I know....
The globe has been replaced with smileys.....

The language configuration stuff has moved to the "microphone" symbol on the left side of the space.....

M8owner

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Real help. Thanks! But is there any way to LOCK the spell check to English? It's ridiculous that it keeps changing when my fingers accidentally touch the globe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie