millie19

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Skype video calls all of a sudden dont work on my Stratosphere. i dont know why all of a sudden it doesnt work is there a way to fix it because it works on my moms phone (which is the exact same) but not on mine!!!!!

chase2hoop

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem with the update of skype too, I had to erase all upgrades to the app for video chat to work again on mine.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Skype, so this is a response out of ignorance more than knowledge. One thing that sometimes works (I assume you've already tried powering off the phone and then turning it back on) is to clear the cache for an app. Start at the Home screen, then do Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications, scroll down to Skype, and tap it. There should be options to uninstall updates (as chase2hoop suggested), and also to clear data and clear cache. It's possible there's something "stuck" in the cache that's messing it up, and clearing it could fix it. However, since I don't really know anything about Skype, I don't know if this will work, and I don't know what it might accidentally delete (such as account information, which would have to be reentered). Proceed at your own risk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze