ByPass the Setup wizard without a sim?

rokhause

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung S SCH-I405 and trying to bypass the setup wizard screen and hope someone has done this or a link to it? Although it's not really a biggy if there was a big dev section on custom ROM's which I could just use adb to push everthing needed, but this is only stock I have restored and pushed CWM 5.0 as well, Appreciate the help if possible :)

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung S SCH-I405 and trying to bypass the setup wizard screen and hope someone has done this or a link to it? Although it's not really a biggy if there was a big dev section on custom ROM's which I could just use adb to push everthing needed, but this is only stock I have restored and pushed CWM 5.0 as well, Appreciate the help if possible :)

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure if you go to emergency dial from the setup screen, then type in *#TESTMODE it should activate the capacitive buttons so you can hit home and get to the launcher. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

mishaparem

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I want to use my phone as a wifi device to access a linux server at home (with VPN). I have some important info on that machine, so being the paranoid freak I am, I think the best security I can come up with in the case I lose my phone is to keep the default ROM but replace the *#TESTMODE key phrase with something different. Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks,

Misha

Ricochacha

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I gave my son my old verizon samsung fascinate. Im letting him use it on wifi with no service as a gameing device. He did a hard reset. Now, it's forcing him to the verizon setup wizard. I tried #testmode from the emergency dialer with no luck. How can I make this device useable for him without activating? It seems I just need to avoid the verizon startup wizard.

mikeh02

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an lg l39c and accidently disabled startup wizard with twrp. none of the above worked for me. no response hitting emergency dial. cant do anything. any suggestions would be appreciated.

charliew410

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
As of 1/1/2016 and before this code no longer works with the HTC 526 for some reason.... Can anyone tell me how to now bypass the Setup Wizard after a hard reset???

Abdulai panda

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure if you go to emergency dial from the setup screen, then type in *#TESTMODE it should activate the capacitive buttons so you can hit home and get to the launcher. Hope that helps!

Thank you I really appreciate this *#TESTMODE work on my Samsung SCH-1405

Tori Aiello

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
*#83786633 ..... This activates the 'soft keys' which allows you to press the home key and get to the OS skipping activation .

I have the LG optimus zone 3 and im trying to bypass the verizon activation wizard. I followed the above steps but nothing is working, I dont have a wifi network to connect to bcuz the one I am using is only for two devices, which is my current wifi only phone and my bfs laptop. I tried the *#testmode dial code and that's not working either. I also tried the volume up, down, back button whatever combo and cant complete it bcuz I ant access the search button. I cant "skip anyway" when asked to establish a wifi connection either. Absolutely nothing is working im stuck like chuck Im extremely frustrated with this phone. Its a migrane and a half. Someone please help me

crcpeach

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
#83786633 Does not work - I get the error that it is not an emergency number. Any other way of bypassing the setup? I only want to set this phone up for my grandson to play games on it (and leave his mom's alone!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae