Clearing Cache

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully there is a way. My wife has the Stratosphere and it really has been acting flaky for her. Flaky like apps freezing up and big time lag at times. I have the razr maxx and you can clear the cache by going into a pre-boot menu. Is there a way to do the same thing on the Stratosphere? My wife has very little patience for technology and want to keep her from throwing her phone out the window...;)

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
There isn't a clear-all-the-cache option on the Strat, I don't think, but you can clear individual apps' caches. If there are particular apps that are especially problematic, you could start with them. Go to the Home page, then Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Choose either Downloaded (probably best to start there), or All to include apps pre-installed on the phone. Select an app, and on the next screen there's a Clear cache button. (There's also a Clear data button, but that might have more drastic effects.) If your wife has no patience for this kind of thing ... well, either this will be a growing experience for her, or you will be her hero by fixing it for her. :)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think if you have the paid versions of Ultimate Backup (and probably Titanium Backup as well) can do it in a batch function... or you could try App Cache Cleaner or ES Task Manager, both have a way to clear cache in bulk, but the real cache you need to clear out is the Dalvik Cache, that would require some type of root access or a custom recovery like CWM Recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1