uninstalling updates from apps

randaray

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've looked everywhere, no luck..I need to know how to uninstall an update that has updated on an application.; For example. I hate the updated facebook app. how do I delete the update.. not the whole facebook, just the update. Others say their phones have an "uninstall update" button on the settings>manage apps etc. I haven't found a way to do this or get around it. My phone is not rooted, "just stock". Please help, I'm soooo angry with the whole phone with updates. :-\

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've looked everywhere, no luck..I need to know how to uninstall an update that has updated on an application.; For example. I hate the updated facebook app. how do I delete the update.. not the whole facebook, just the update. Others say their phones have an "uninstall update" button on the settings>manage apps etc. I haven't found a way to do this or get around it. My phone is not rooted, "just stock". Please help, I'm soooo angry with the whole phone with updates. :-\
You can't for apps that are not embedded in the firmware, you have to do a complete uninstall. For apps that are part of the firmware you can only remove updates back to the version that came with the firmware. To install a specific version you can search apktop.com (or your favorite APK repository) and see if you can find it there, but you will need to remove all updates or uninstall (whichever is appropriate based on what I said before) first, then install. If the version you want is prior to a version in the firmware, without rooting and removing the app in question from the firmware it is impossible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood