Stratosphere 2: defaults to speakerphone on? How to answer with regular speaker?

DrSteveA

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife just got Stratosphere 2 (from Droid 2) from Verizon. Mostly works fine, but weirdly any incoming phone call that she answers goes directly to speakerphone when answered. Has to actively turn off speakerphone for every call. We can't seem to find anything in menu to change default answer being to regular speaker.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife just got Stratosphere 2 (from Droid 2) from Verizon. Mostly works fine, but weirdly any incoming phone call that she answers goes directly to speakerphone when answered. Has to actively turn off speakerphone for every call. We can't seem to find anything in menu to change default answer being to regular speaker.
I don't know about the Strat 2, but usually when phones do this they are stuck in Dock Mode because of a hardware issue... The HTC Incredible 2 was notorious for this, I had two replacements because of this issue. Although, Samsungs will do this when there is lint or something stuck in the USB connector sometimes, try blowing it out with air or something. If you Google "stuck in dock mode" you will see this is a somewhat common issue across multiple manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36