I can send and receive emails normally on wifi. I can receive emails on 3g but when I try to send emails it says there is a temporary server error. Sometimes it will eventually send but usually it just sits there until I get to go to wifi.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks
    06-22-2013 01:33 PM
    I don't know about the stratosphere, but on my S3 there's an option in settings to restrict background data transfer on 3G.

If the stratosphere is similar, try going to settings / Data Usage. Make sure you're on the Mobile (not WiFi) tab, and scroll down until you find your email app. Make sure the checkbox for "Restrict background data" is unchecked.
    06-22-2013 02:30 PM
    I don't know about the stratosphere, but on my S3 there's an option in settings to restrict background data transfer on 3G.

If the stratosphere is similar, try going to settings / Data Usage. Make sure you're on the Mobile (not WiFi) tab, and scroll down until you find your email app. Make sure the checkbox for "Restrict background data" is unchecked.
    Didn't see anything like that.
    One more data point; my wife can't seem to understand it doesn't work, so she keeps trying.
    She sent an email at 6:30 and got the regular message that there is a temporary server error.
    It finally successfully went out at 7:39; despite having a good signal strength the entire time.
    06-22-2013 10:26 PM
    I can receive email on my phone an S3 but I can't send any emails. I have a POP3 account with charter. I have tried various port numbers and have turned off WiFi. Can someone please help me? This is driving me bonkers! My restrict background data box is unchecked.
    09-03-2013 01:23 AM