Today, my wife dropped her phone and the screen cracked. The phone is unuseable and we are 2 months out from being able to have a "reduced" cost upgrade and 6 months out from the contract being completed where we can upgrade for free.. Verizon wants to sell me a Certified Pre Owned Phone with a new contract...or spend a lot of money on another phone.

I was wondering if its possible to buy a used phone (probably a Stratosphere) from somewhere, put in the sim card and activate it and use it for another 6 months so we can do the "free" upgrade then. I just want to keep her and I on the same contract.
    07-01-2013 04:17 PM
    Today, my wife dropped her phone and the screen cracked. The phone is unuseable and we are 2 months out from being able to have a "reduced" cost upgrade and 6 months out from the contract being completed where we can upgrade for free.. Verizon wants to sell me a Certified Pre Owned Phone with a new contract...or spend a lot of money on another phone.

I was wondering if its possible to buy a used phone (probably a Stratosphere) from somewhere, put in the sim card and activate it and use it for another 6 months so we can do the "free" upgrade then. I just want to keep her and I on the same contract.
    Absolutely an option, any Verizon 4G LTE phone should accept your LTE SIM and work fine... I would suggest Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets > Swappa, Craig's List, or eBay... A Samsung Charge, Droid Bionic, Pantech Breakout, and the LG Lucid 4G are all 4G phones and can be had for under $100 on Swappa right now, with some as low as $55. They are not the best phones by any means, but will allow you to have service and fulfill your contract with minimal investment.
    rch22 likes this.
    07-02-2013 05:27 PM
    Absolutely an option, any Verizon 4G LTE phone should accept your LTE SIM and work fine... I would suggest Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets > Swappa, Craig's List, or eBay... A Samsung Charge, Droid Bionic, Pantech Breakout, and the LG Lucid 4G are all 4G phones and can be had for under $100 on Swappa right now, with some as low as $55. They are not the best phones by any means, but will allow you to have service and fulfill your contract with minimal investment.
    Thanks for your reply and recommendations of where to find one!
    07-02-2013 06:15 PM