custom recovery

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Guide to Flashing Vampirefo Transform Kernel and Recovery - SDX-Developers

.........an easy to read and super helpful wiki guide with excellent instructions from SDX-Developers........Vampirefo's recovery (+ kernel) for transform owners really changes the device's performance and game...... (also, you may want to try Jeoseph Mother's 1.2 crappy_transform kernel, elsewhere at SDX........am running it w/ Vampirefo's recovery)......... just awesome root combination on the transform.)

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Guide to Flashing Vampirefo Transform Kernel and Recovery - SDX-Developers

.........an easy to read and super helpful wiki guide with excellent instructions from SDX-Developers........Vampirefo's recovery (+ kernel) for transform owners really changes the device's performance and game...... (also, you may want to try Jeoseph Mother's 1.2 crappy_transform kernel, elsewhere at SDX........am running it w/ Vampirefo's recovery)......... just awesome root combination on the transform.)

Alright thanks. As this forum is pretty much empty, do you know where I can get a good rom for the transform?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Edit: rom not tom lol

Last edited:

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
SDX-Developers appear to remain active in exploring new roms for the transform (you meant ROM, right?)............they have several that are AOSP (android open source project) that seem to be stable, according to testers on that site and they do post 'hot-to' videos as well.......my personal preference is for roms that are based on the EB28 stock kernel, but that's just a personal choice based on the way that i am using this transform.........other users have other needs and will therefore be more open to other roms.........you're right, things are pretty quiet around here for the transform, which is why i took the liberty to post a direct link to SDX, hopefully the admin feels ok about this............at any rate, go there and check out their forums till you see what you're looking for.......if you find a good rom that is working for you, do check back here and let us know.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been lurking here and there for a while and am currently using the transginger rom which is AWESOME. makes me think i actually have 2.3!
....looks like the developer (FilthyPanda) is working on a new ROM, due out sometime early November......will be looking to test that one out..........sounds like Transginger is working out for you. Quick question: is this ROM putting your device thru auto reboots + is wireless tether available to you?

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
as far as i can tell no random reboots, my phone has always done it and I cant tell if it is doing it more or less now, and just checked the wireless tether and it works also.

i cant wait to try his hunnibun ROM when it comes out also!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
ok......in an attempt to flash TransGinger....went back to SWUpdater (transform stock dI11 in binary) to build up to eb28, then zip the update to baseline ef09, but the SWUpdater stopped at install ('can not read bin file').......so am going to get a new usb cord in the coming days + try again.........(maybe hunnibun will be ready for testin by then?) :(

*update, 11/5: wasn't the microUSB; several re-dl's of both the DI11_tar + SWUpdater went nowhere (these two appear to be incompatible, the SWUpdater: 'Can not read Bin File!').........so instead, flashed Vampirefo's XT4 Recovery, set the cache to xt4, making great improvements on the overall performance of the Transform (super quick, locks GPS satellites w/out much fuss, excellent navigating on the web et cetera............better performance than when the device was new..........will test for a few days, see what happens.*

Last edited:

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
that sucks, whyd you have to go back to stock? after you have the transginger rom, flash the gingerblurr theme. its so blazing fast with alot more of gingerbread

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
a dev (on sdx) advised me to get to stock EF09........said that transginger would be more stable this way...........but then i read a comment by FilthyPanda: 'transginger will work w/ EB28 modem'......so, who knows?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
that sucks, whyd you have to go back to stock? after you have the transginger rom, flash the gingerblurre. its so blazing fast with alot more of gingerbread

Looks like hunnibun is in temp hibernation ..........so then: ..........in Vampirefo's EXT Recovery, set partitions to ext4, flashed TransGingerROM.........jolly good, + snappy, will play w/ wi-fi tether a bit (or the 'Hotspot' in the app drawer)........this is a very visual ROM, running fine w/ EB28 modem.............can't wait to theme it.

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems going from eb28 to ef09. I ended up using a computer at work to do the rooting.

It sucks hunnibunn is coming along slowly :( did you see the ICS theme? it looks cool

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
..............you would know: Gingerblurr looks like it dovetails right into TransGinger (think Panda plans to include it w/ next update), so am going to explore that soon........let me know if you do flash ICS, (i think it would go gr8 w/ CM6ROM --in development)..........since flashing TG, am getting super smooth + stable results (after calibrating battery, gettiing 37 + hrs thnx to Puma v6!)
..........missing Vampirefo ext4 settings w/ CrappyKernel_1.2 combination = super snappy fast + decent battery life.............but can't beat the overall improvements TransGinger has brought to my device.

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
37+ hour of battery! i am not getting that at all. i've tried every battery calibration i have found and my battery is still jacked up. it runs down sooo fast, when i plug it in and reboot, the battery jumps up to almost full. it has gone a couple of times from 15% to 70% before. when my phone is off it stays high, when it is on you can literally watch the gauge drop like a gas gauge in a v-12 pickup.

im waiting for that ics theme to get to v2.0, looks badazz though

i'm running basically the same set-up as you ext 4/4/4 transginger/gingerblurr

thank god for filthypanda over there! i hope he gets cm6 working!

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My wife has owned a Transform for about a year now and has had nothing but trouble with it. Very frequently it slows down to a crawl. Sometimes pulling the battery will temporarily fix the problem but it always comes back. We've completely wiped the phone numerous times and even sent it back to Samsung once. I've had great luck running a custom ROM on my LG Optimus S, so I'm thinking about trying out a custom ROM on her Transform.

Reading this thread, there seem to be a few available. Can you tell me which seems the most stable? I don't want to put something on her phone that will give her a lot of problems. Have the rest of you experienced these kinds of problems with your Transform? Did the custom ROM help?

Thanks!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife has owned a Transform for about a year now and has had nothing but trouble with it. Very frequently it slows down to a crawl. Sometimes pulling the battery will temporarily fix the problem but it always comes back. We've completely wiped the phone numerous times and even sent it back to Samsung once. I've had great luck running a custom ROM on my LG Optimus S, so I'm thinking about trying out a custom ROM on her Transform.

Reading this thread, there seem to be a few available. Can you tell me which seems the most stable? I don't want to put something on her phone that will give her a lot of problems. Have the rest of you experienced these kinds of problems with your Transform? Did the custom ROM help?

Thanks!

.....root w/ recovery, + the set-up recommended by Bullfrog527, it'll be like a completely different device............some of the undervolted/overclocked kernels are awesome (there are several at sdx, such as Puma6 which is included in TransGinger)......her device's battery will appreciate it!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
37+ hour of battery! i am not getting that at all. i've tried every battery calibration i have found and my battery is still jacked up. it runs down sooo fast, when i plug it in and reboot, the battery jumps up to almost full. it has gone a couple of times from 15% to 70% before. when my phone is off it stays high, when it is on you can literally watch the gauge drop like a gas gauge in a v-12 pickup.

im waiting for that ics theme to get to v2.0, looks badazz though

i'm running basically the same set-up as you ext 4/4/4 transginger/gingerblurr

thank god for filthypanda over there! i hope he gets cm6 working!

just to clarify, 37-41 hrs battery life, *before* flashing Gingerblurr theme (no regrets tho, my device is running the best it ever has, will see how the battery responds after a few days on this Gingerbread combination)..........have been on wifiTether for several hrs tonight, so can see that bat icon steadily moving southward (v-12 pickup gas gauge is right).......saw a link on grimm's signature to 'wifi tether_3.1_beta2' an app that appears to be much faster than open garden (what i am currently using) .....................also, Panda intends to include wifiTether on TransGinger v2.0 which will have been worth the wait (+ YES thank g for FP! he's awesome).

*update = calibrated battery, ran it down to empty, full charge: battery is showing 80% 1 day later (phone, web, wifi tether)......same / close to before flashing Gingerblurr theme*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz