custom recovery

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
*update = calibrated battery, ran it down to empty, full charge: battery is showing 80% 1 day later (phone, web, wifi tether)......same / close to before flashing Gingerblurr theme*

so you calibrate the battery when it is dead? I have been trying to kill my phone, charge it fully, then kill it again before charging for the last few days and my battery life has improved slightly. I just killed my phone in about 2.5 hrs (zynga poker on 3g), my phone when from full 100% to 15%. now I will charge it overnight and go again tomorrow. My battery has been horrendous since I've had this phone, it seems like whatever I do my battery drains like crazy.

I haven't used the wifi tether much, I just know it works.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
from qbking77, while the device is on you run a full charge until it reads 'fully charged'......turn off device, run the charger again until it reads 'fully charged'.......boot into recovery>advanced>callibrate battery, back soft key to boot to system.........you run your battery down to empty (zynga poker on 3g) completely.....then you run a complete charge (do not disconnect or make calls while charging, perhaps at night).........then you run your device as you would normally w/out turning off the device til the battery is empty, you charge-up again et cetera........right about now your battery is fully calibrated.............. if you continue to drain within 3 hrs after all this, you may need a new battery (i got lucky last summer the phone store tech just gave me one from the tech bench!).......but it could be a number of things running it down, some conflicts with programs running in the background........which is why i appreciate TransGinger so much (no CIQ's!)

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks bro, I guess i haven't done the full calibration cycle like you just said.

I was wondering about that no_CIQ thing, i didnt understand that thread so i was not touching it. I think my phone still has IQ agent service running. isnt this the same thing?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks bro, I guess i haven't done the full calibration cycle like you just said.

I was wondering about that no_CIQ thing, i didnt understand that thread so i was not touching it. I think my phone still has IQ agent service running. isnt this the same thing?

....CIQ (carrier IQ) runs thru your device, sending packets of data back to the carrier + there are several schools of thought about this.......namely the privacy of the device's owner (+ lesser things, like the battery drain if this is happening nilly-willy on an erratic basis)......so some folks will disable this for a variety of reasons.........................i think the devs like to use the space that this occupies in the device's system for other use, if possible.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the info,

no worries.......have learned alot about this device readings your posts.......it amazes me how few transform owners amble thru here........it's an awesome device imo, truly responsive + stable w rooted ROMs.........am guessing users give up as soon as the device begins acting up, + the store is not able to help other than to replace w/ refurb'd............oh well................btw, did your battery respond after calibration?

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My battery must be ed up, I tried what you said and I cant get more than 9 or so hours without it being completely dead. oh well, i just live by my charger for the next 2 weeks. My contract is up dec 1 and this thing will be bye bye. I started 2 yrs ago with a moment, it kept locking up so I returned it about 8 times in 7 months, they gave me an intercept, same problems. I had that for about 1 month. and I've had this transform for a little over a year. Good phone once rooted, I think i am just having bad luck.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong I just want a phone that works and REFUSE to get an iPhone and become a sheep. I want a Photon, but there isnt much development for it. and after experiencing the whole rooting thing with this phone dont think i will ever go back. The guys over at SDX have converted me over to the "dark side" :p

As far as other Transform people, I think you are right, when the stock s up they give up and convince the sprint store to get them a new phone. I know I did for a while.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
LOL, my personal illusion is that these devices should be running same as the ones that appeared in the movie Artificial Intelligence!!! however,...............yeah, i have a good year (thru january 2014) to be rockin this device, so am stoked that it's been performing so well so steadily well w/out incident..........the battery used to go 3 days w/out charge, then it started to last about 9 hrs, so it was always tied to the charger (car as well) ........then i rooted Vampirefo's rec + Joeseph Mother's crappy kernel + that problem went away...........so my theory is that w/ root the bloat vanished, the drain stopped..............this is the ONE thing that i don't care for in GingerBlurr: the S'zone + bloat DOES give your battery a run for the $, have asked for a no-CIQ script, we'll see.........on a different note, read somewhere in these forums, a post by Vampirefo, where he tells us that he has been using his old transform for hotspot w/ his laptop.......which is why i became interested in pursuing the wireless hotspot issue.........have been using wifi tether 3.1 beta 6 for a couple of days and it is very decent............so there's one more pitch for this little scrappy M920!.......am waiting to go see the Prime (or whatever they're calling it these days) which will be here right around the time you go in for your update, big screen, dual-processors...........something to look forward to when the devs get ahold of it!

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yea well, the nexus prime would be nice but verizon costs too much. I dont want to spend the extra 10 a month with sprint if I renew my plan. I'm thinking of going to Boost for a while. either try the transform ultra or the zte warp.

Do you still have to pull the battery every once-in-a-while cause your phone locks up? it seems like at least once a day my transform still locks up to the point that I have to pull the battery to reset it.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I think I bricked my transform. I was messing with it a while ago, then I put it away. It was on seasonal standby through sprint, and now its reactivated. I think I messed up when i fflashed vapiros recovery through cwm. It stays on the Samsung logo till the battery dies, or you pull it. Ill have to look at the files on the SD card, but do you think its perm?
Edit: Vampirefo
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So I think I bricked my transform. I was messing with it a while ago, then I put it away. It was on seasonal standby through sprint, and now its reactivated. I think I messed up when i fflashed vapiros recovery through cwm. It stays on the Samsung logo till the battery dies, or you pull it. Ill have to look at the files on the SD card, but do you think its perm?
Edit: Vampirefo
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Bullfrog527 has given you good advice, you should do your research first w/ detailed instructions from sdx ...................you're in a soft-brick, this can be easily fixed: you need to download the SWUpdater program, + link to your PC using a microSD Cable + install the froyo DI11 stock file (this is where you should be careful as this is one of the few known ways to get a perma-brick)......once you've wiped your device back to stock using SWU, your phone will boot back to system.......sync your email, etc....once everything is fully functioning again, you can proceed to do updates (one at a time, separately, directly from your STOCK recovery NOT root) bringing your device up to EF09 baseline..........at EF09 you may then decide to root, if that is what you wish to do, but i would first perform the basic process up to baseline EF09 before going forward, it'll give your device much better stability.......................btw: what version of vamp's recovery were you attempting to load?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you still have to pull the battery every once-in-a-while cause your phone locks up? it seems like at least once a day my transform still locks up to the point that I have to pull the battery to reset it.

.............my device did this regularly, guaranteed every time went into the web ............put an end to this by flashing (via SWUpdater) Vampirefo_recovery3.1 + JM's Crappy_Kernel1.2...............not one lock-up since............i have to mention, tho, the best most stable this device ever has been was when i flashed Vampirefo EXT4 recovery over rooted rfs stock EB28 (then set partitions as 4/2/2: chache as 4, dalvik as 2, system as 2), the Transform was OFF the hinges!!! Super fast + Stable (w/ a capital S).

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
wow, I'll have to try that setup. i use the CWM recovery, its more simple for a dummy like me. i always had the order of the types of formatting wrong.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to run that script right from cwm: go into console press ok key then type cache ext4 then hit ok soft-key, then type exit then hit the ok key again............boot to system........or else in console you type ext4 ............ cache data system = all three ext4..........type rfs = all 3 are rfs.........hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
oh yea, i know how to format data/cache/system to the different types rfs/ext2/4. thanks for the info tho. CWM is different, there is a menu setting for filesystem conversion.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to run that script right from cwm: go into console press ok key then type cache ext4 then hit ok soft-key, then type exit then hit the ok key again............boot to system........or else in console you type ext4 ............ cache data system = all three ext4..........type rfs = all 3 are rfs.........hope this helps.

Lol.........Bullfrog527: you're right on the $, went to cwm5 (on Epic, other device) + it stipulates to NOT partition your sd card from recovery (or else weirdness).........ok......there went that theory!

So, all paths lead to Vamp ext4!

Bullfrog527

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
lol, i was just talking about how you have your file systmes set up. ext4/2/2. i was always setting them as ext4 or 4/2/4. its been running great since i switched to the 4/2/2 set up! thanks

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
lol, i was just talking about how you have your file systmes set up. ext4/2/2. i was always setting them as ext4 or 4/2/4. its been running great since i switched to the 4/2/2 set up! thanks

December here again........looks like you are well on your way to photonland (gr8 device/whole other world!)........it's been kool werking out some stuff on this thread w/ you, thanks for the company............let us know how motorola werks out, am looking to see what happens in the next week or 2, have an option for an update, will be starting to look 'round 4 the answer...............need to move on to my next illusion ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn