Picked it up today :-D

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Samsung Transform today and it looks and feels similar to the EPIC 4g. The screen seems a lot less "yellow," I'm not sure if that has to do with AMOLED versus LCD. It seems to be running pretty fast as long as I don't run the Sprint ID stuff. When I used the Sprint profile for Sprint ID it made the phone incredibly laggy. I had purchased the Samsung Intercept on launch date and returned it 3 days later due to it having EVDO Rev. 0 ( SUPER SLOW INTERNET ) and a terribly low resolution screen. I'm digging this phone right now. I just wish I could wirelessly tether. I'm sure when FROYO comes out I will be able to. Just my two cents. Ask me any questions if you guys want to know more about the phone.:D

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
1. Does the front camera work for video chat? I couldn't get it working on fring, tango.
2. Did yours come with a headset? I couldn't find one in the box.
3. What is your TWS?

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
1. Does the front camera work for video chat? I couldn't get it working on fring, tango.
3. What is your TWS?

1. I haven't tried the front camera yet because I don't know anyone who has one to chat with me.

2. Mine didn't come with a headset.

3. What is TWS?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ah. I think there's a cell phone tower nearby my house because I always have full bars.

That won't matter, its a software problem. We have issues on the Epic with it draining the battery. Simple toggle of Airplane mode resets the radio and seems to do the trick. Needs to be done for every reboot for us. To check you TWS:

Settings--> About Phone--> Battery Use--> Cell Standby--> Time without a signal XX%

Reactions: cacherpaderp

gunman40

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
3. What is your TWS?
i don't video chat so i don't know what to do.
get a headset from ebay. i got the one that the blackberry's have. great sound. light weight. $5.00. shipped. USA.
signal pretty good even at work. we have nextel devices and had repeaters installed in the plant. but i still have 13%.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
3. What is your TWS?

The front camera work with Tango only at this time. Works better when both parties are on wifi, but it is still not great. Really can't hold a good conversation. If you want to test it out let me know and I will be happy to test it out with you. Contact me at Firemedic371@comcast.net and we can swap numbers. When android 2.2 comes out it will open the door to Yahoo! Video Chat, Fring, and hopefully Qik will have there service for this phone up and running. Skype is rumored to be working on a video chat for mobiles too. Everyone says 2.2 will be a big step up for a lot of things with this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz