05-20-2013 06:19 AM
31 12
tools
    Does anyone else get a little error message saying "Google updates are down and will be back shortly" or something along those lines??
    11-14-2010 05:27 PM
    Bought my wife a transform 3 days ago. There appears to be some sort of electrical problem with it as when you slide the keyboard either in or out the home screen buttons and all keyboard buttons flash on and off. She is at the store swapping it for a new one right now. Will update in a couple days to make sure it was just a fluke.
    Follow up it was just that phone so far with the electrical issue....the new one does not have the same issues....still not sure she is liking or keeping this phone.

Its official this phone is going back...she is getting an EVO....i think she will be happier with it even though it doesnt have the slide out keyboard because the screen is big enough to type on....
    11-15-2010 10:10 AM
    My wife bought the Transform about 2 weeks ago. Most of the time she is unable to answer incomming calls. This happens both whe the screen is off and when the screen is on and unlocked. The only solution we have found is a soft reset but this only works for a short period of time. We have replaced the phone twice and has happened with both phones..............Any thoughts?
    11-19-2010 02:09 PM
    My wife bought the Transform about 2 weeks ago. Most of the time she is unable to answer incomming calls. This happens both whe the screen is off and when the screen is on and unlocked. The only solution we have found is a soft reset but this only works for a short period of time. We have replaced the phone twice and has happened with both phones..............Any thoughts?
    Same thing happens to me. Seems there is a long lag between when the phone rings and when it will actually let me swipe to answer the call. Mine is having a major battery drain issue right now. Sprint is exchanging my Transform in a couple of days for a new one. Thinking I may go to Optimus S.
    11-20-2010 09:53 AM
    Does anyone else get a little error message saying "Google updates are down and will be back shortly" or something along those lines??

Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.

Join the club. Wife has a Transform I bought her on day 1, it worked fine for about a week then this error has been on it ever since. BUT the sync actually does seem to be working, her contacts, calendar and mail all come through on their own and stay up to date. I have been on the Google Help pages and no one has a solution, other Transform users have this same problem and no idea how to fix. I have removed her Gmail account, reset the phone and added it back on and it worked for MAYBE 2 days before the error came back. She has an Exchange account for work and it doesn't have any problems.

I bought an Epic and we were talking at Best Buy and the tech said he would look at her phone and see if it was something he could fix (I knew he couldn't but I humored him) he said it shows as a known issue in his system but no resolution and the other tech just looked like he was dumbfounded when I told him exactly what it does and yet it still works.

She is more than happy with the phone and has no problems with it at all so it won't be returned and she isn't affected by the what I call a fake error message.
    KMfiremedic111 likes this.
    11-21-2010 12:16 AM
    I have the same problem
    05-20-2013 06:19 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD