05-20-2013 06:19 AM
31 12
tools
    Recently bought a transform and had my contacts transfered, which worked perfectly.

Then after messing around with it a bit, adding a google account to check the market place out and rebooting the phone. All my contacts were erased, now when I attempt to add them back they will not show up on my contacts list. It changes my call history logs to their updated contact information such as name.

Another issue I have is that when I slide the keyboard out the desktop or base screen does not shift. Sometimes I see it attempt to shift but most of the time it doesn't.

Does anyone know these issues and potential fixes?
    10-12-2010 05:38 AM
    1. Contacts: There are several contact accounts in Android: Google, Twitter, local, etc. You just have to select what you want to show. From Contacts, hit menu button. Click "display options".

2. The manual says landscape mode doesn't work on homescreen. But if you install launcher pro, it works.
    10-12-2010 06:59 AM
    I see about the landscape, just threw me off when it did swap between loads.

Also under my contacts there is only my Google account I don't see a local or any way to display my "original" contacts.
    10-12-2010 07:02 AM
    I see about the landscape, just threw me off when it did swap between loads.

Also under my contacts there is only my Google account I don't see a local or any way to display my "original" contacts.
    1. landscape mode is blocked because of not all IDs support landscape mode.

2. As for local contacts, honestly I don't know. When using Android phones, the very first thing that I do is to add my Google account. I have never stored anything locally.

Can anyone help him?
    10-12-2010 07:25 AM
    It's not too too big of a deal, just swapped contacts from my old phone at sprint but I guess adding an account wiped those contacts. Manually re-adding them now works after messing with the display options a bit more. Thanks for all your help.
    10-12-2010 07:36 AM
    Same problem here. Girl at Sprint store transferred contacts then after getting home I added my google account. This erased my contacts since there were not save to my memory card I had to go back to Sprint store. At least that's the store the guy at Sprint told me. Got em save to memory card now.
    10-16-2010 11:30 PM
    I purchased a transform for my wife last night and had an issue with contacts not transferring over. We also had a problem of the slide out keyboard malfunctioning. Any time you typed "E" it would bring up email. If you typed "L", it would take you to the calendar. Type "P" and it would go to Pandora. This was all happening while trying to send a text message. Anyone else having this issue? We took it back and had her pre re-activated.
    10-17-2010 08:54 AM
    On the Transform (and presumably other Sprint ID phones), you have to sign into Google before getting contacts transferred or they will be erased.
    10-17-2010 11:13 AM
    I purchased a transform for my wife last night and had an issue with contacts not transferring over. We also had a problem of the slide out keyboard malfunctioning. Any time you typed "E" it would bring up email. If you typed "L", it would take you to the calendar. Type "P" and it would go to Pandora. This was all happening while trying to send a text message. Anyone else having this issue? We took it back and had her pre re-activated.
    That keyboard issue has been addressed several times with a fix. Search it.
    10-17-2010 06:55 PM
    What? Restart the phone everytime the keyboard starts acting up? I'm not seeing any other solutions for this issue. Could someone post a link if I am missing the correct thread? We are trying to get away from restarting the phone every 5 minutes since we already have to do that with the pre.
    I.R.R.V. likes this.
    10-19-2010 06:17 PM
    Can't you disable keyboard shortcuts through the settings menu?
    10-19-2010 10:15 PM
    What? Restart the phone everytime the keyboard starts acting up? I'm not seeing any other solutions for this issue. Could someone post a link if I am missing the correct thread? We are trying to get away from restarting the phone every 5 minutes since we already have to do that with the pre.
    You only have to reboot once. If the issue persist, you got a bad phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2010 08:08 AM
    In regards to the keyboard shortcuts, I found this on AndroidForums.com:

To Disable the Quick Launch feature:
    1. Settings>Applications>Quick Launch
    2. Press and hold each letter that has a Quick Launch Application associated with it and select "Clear"
    10-20-2010 08:41 AM
    On the Transform (and presumably other Sprint ID phones), you have to sign into Google before getting contacts transferred or they will be erased.

Hmmm... you'd think the people at the Sprint store would know that!
    10-23-2010 05:35 PM
    This phone is pretty bad, I didn't have the issues of while texting the keyboard swapping to shortcuts only but after using it extensively over vacation the issue kept popping up over and over. Lagging between checking text messages and using a basic application was also present.

The shear amount of start-up applications is also ridiculous, make sure you have advance task-killer or else you won't be able to hold a charge.

Honestly for an "advanced" phone this is a pretty bad phone, it barely manages to handle the important aspects of a phone while having nice play-around modes on it.

Returning it.
    10-25-2010 07:26 AM
    This phone is pretty bad, I didn't have the issues of while texting the keyboard swapping to shortcuts only but after using it extensively over vacation the issue kept popping up over and over. Lagging between checking text messages and using a basic application was also present.

The shear amount of start-up applications is also ridiculous, make sure you have advance task-killer or else you won't be able to hold a charge.

Honestly for an "advanced" phone this is a pretty bad phone, it barely manages to handle the important aspects of a phone while having nice play-around modes on it.

Returning it.
    User error.
    I've had mine since Oct 12th, rooted it, and everything is working perfectly. Is this your first android phone?
    10-25-2010 01:23 PM
    User error.
    I've had mine since Oct 12th, rooted it, and everything is working perfectly. Is this your first android phone?
    Yes it's my first phone, it's a little hard to have a user error of going to settings--> applications and having the phone stall for 10 seconds. Note I don't have a billion things running at the time. I find it really hard that a 800mhz processor can't handle a screen swap and loading of I/O options.
    10-25-2010 02:20 PM
    User error.
    I agree. That is not what a stock android phone would do.

But if you can wait, get a htc knight.

10-25-2010 03:41 PM
    If you have the wireless back up that sprint offers for your contacts will they automatically download into the transform?
    10-27-2010 09:13 AM
    If you have the wireless back up that sprint offers for your contacts will they automatically download into the transform?
    im not sure of this, but i did manage to transfer all my old contacts to my transform via bluetooth from my old phone.
    10-27-2010 10:28 AM
    Hey everyone,

I just got my new Transform today, and I have yet to be able to get it to connect with Google's servers (the message it gives me after about 60 seconds of trying to connect, when it says it can take up to 5 minutes when you try in the first place, this is frustrating as there are apps and games i want of course!) to get on the Android market with my Google account info. Is this a common issue, and is there a workaround? I have tried it in several locations, and even tried it through WiFi mode, which I have a high grade Belkin Wireless N router hooked up to my cable modem, so signal strength is NOT an issue with the WiFi. Even when attempting to go on through the normal system (cell towers), my signal bars are between 5 and 6 in strength. Is it possible that it is a software issue? HELP! PLEASE!

Adam
    10-28-2010 01:26 AM
    Hey everyone,

I just got my new Transform today, and I have yet to be able to get it to connect with Google's servers (the message it gives me after about 60 seconds of trying to connect, when it says it can take up to 5 minutes when you try in the first place, this is frustrating as there are apps and games i want of course!) to get on the Android market with my Google account info. Is this a common issue, and is there a workaround? I have tried it in several locations, and even tried it through WiFi mode, which I have a high grade Belkin Wireless N router hooked up to my cable modem, so signal strength is NOT an issue with the WiFi. Even when attempting to go on through the normal system (cell towers), my signal bars are between 5 and 6 in strength. Is it possible that it is a software issue? HELP! PLEASE!

Adam
    Is your data connection working?

For market, it can take long to start download.

10-28-2010 12:07 PM
    Bought my wife a transform 3 days ago. There appears to be some sort of electrical problem with it as when you slide the keyboard either in or out the home screen buttons and all keyboard buttons flash on and off. She is at the store swapping it for a new one right now. Will update in a couple days to make sure it was just a fluke.
    11-09-2010 02:15 PM
    Juts got the Transform for the wife, loaded the latest Angry Birds from the marketplace, can't even get it to run. So slow it's basically freezes up. White blocks where some text should be.

The people who claim they can get it to run, are you using the latest version from the marketplace? If so, what are you doing to get it to run? This phone is brand new and the only SprintID on it is the "Clean" one with no bloatware.

Any tips appreciated.

Edit: Apparently the latest version of ABs is buggy, lot's of folks in the Marketplace and on the company's website are complaining about it.
    11-11-2010 09:48 PM
    Same problem here. Girl at Sprint store transferred contacts then after getting home I added my google account. This erased my contacts since there were not save to my memory card I had to go back to Sprint store. At least that's the store the guy at Sprint told me. Got em save to memory card now.
    same exact thing happened to me. i have them saved to the sd card and on my laptop. ( i like using outlook) i then started a google account, put my contacts in there, since when i add them by the phone i don't see them immediately. i was told since it's a google phone, that's why a google account is needed. as long as they are not erased it's ok with me
    11-14-2010 07:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD