Body Case

akt83

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone put any hard or soft body cases on their Transform? I want to put a hard case on my gf's phone, but I'm worried the clips that hold the case on will scratch the keyboard. I had a cheap ebay case on my Epic, and the clips ran along the long sides of the screen rather than the top and bottom of the screen. Now my Epic perminately has two columns scratched into my keyboard. I know the clips on the Sprint OEM case run along the top and bottom to prevent scratching of the keyboard. The problem is, she doesn't the all chrome look.

I found these cases from Mobi, but have never had any experience with their products. Can anyone tell me if they're any good? They look nice and they're cheap. Where are the clips positioned on the top half of the case?

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Soft case:
http://store.everythingandroid.org/mobi-products-skin-case/4A54A7540.htm

Hard case:
http://store.everythingandroid.org/mobi-products-hard-shell-case/4A123A7535.htm

Reactions: cckgz4

cnvrtble98

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
that hard case says its for the Transform and the Fascinate??...How could that work? They are totally different phones! I would look elsewhere.

berger1980

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they used a stock photo, not a good idea when you're selling a product. Sprint has a chrome hard shell, and my local radio shack had some. I took pics for another forum today that had the same question. If you want pics, pm me an email address.

These are detailed with macros to show the size of the clips holding it on, and an overview of the fit of the shell.

Reactions: akt83

akt83

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they used a stock photo, not a good idea when you're selling a product. Sprint has a chrome hard shell, and my local radio shack had some. I took pics for another forum today that had the same question. If you want pics, pm me an email address.

These are detailed with macros to show the size of the clips holding it on, and an overview of the fit of the shell.

Thanks! I'll shoot you a PM.

that hard case says its for the Transform and the Fascinate??...How could that work? They are totally different phones! I would look elsewhere.

Yeah, that's why I was iffy about it...

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully people will continue to post reviews to this thread? I would like to get a case for my wife's new Transform but have no idea how to go about selecting one. Mostly I just want to try and protect the screen if it's dropped, so I think I need a case that 'stands out' from the front a little?

MarcD#AC

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
ive got the chrome cover from sprint...pretty much every thing is covered except the screen...it doesnt "stand out" on the front, so a face plant could easily damage the screen...the case overall is pretty good, but definelty not worth the $20...try checking around ebay i saw a few on there

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for those links cause I couldn't find a case. I might order the gel one because it feels better

berger1980

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to get back with those of you still going to purchase one of these. I just had radio shack replace mine already. If you remove the cover too much, you will snap off the tiny little clips...I don't care how gentle you are, they are cheap. I hope a silicone comes out soon.

strategy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone put any hard or soft body cases on their Transform? I want to put a hard case on my gf's phone, but I'm worried the clips that hold the case on will scratch the keyboard. I had a cheap ebay case on my Epic, and the clips ran along the long sides of the screen rather than the top and bottom of the screen. Now my Epic perminately has two columns scratched into my keyboard. I know the clips on the Sprint OEM case run along the top and bottom to prevent scratching of the keyboard. The problem is, she doesn't the all chrome look.

I found these cases from Mobi, but have never had any experience with their products. Can anyone tell me if they're any good? They look nice and they're cheap. Where are the clips positioned on the top half of the case?

Any input would be great! Thanks!

Soft case:
http://store.everythingandroid.org/mobi-products-skin-case/4A54A7540.htm

Hard case:
http://store.everythingandroid.org/mobi-products-hard-shell-case/4A123A7535.htm

Thanks for this info. Its been hard for me to find many Transform case options. But these links show cases for the Fascinate and Mesmerize. Are they the same as the Transform?

Anyone have any other Transform case suggestions/links?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12