Transform or optimus? Please help, newby

bakerman1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at a couple threads regarding this, but they didn't seem to fit my situation so please help a brother out :cool: I currently have a palm Pre that is oc'd and patched like crazy and I love it other than the horrible build quality and the lag regardless of the oc. I am on my 7th Pre and it is resetting 2 times a day and im tired of going through the switching. The good people at the local sprint store have offered to switch me out without cost and use of my upgrade to either a Transform or a Optimus. I figured it would be a good time to try out android and either stay with android and upgrade to a top level phone or see what palm hp has on feb 9th. So, which phone would you go with and why?

There is things I like about each...

Transform: camera flash, camera features, 800mhz, 3.5 screen, physical keyboard.

Optimus: froyo 2.2, 512mb, screen clearer? Heard that it's faster? Live wallpapers

Anyways, would love your thoughts...going in on mon or tue. Thanks

Ken

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the Transform when it first came out and had issues with it. I loved the phone and wished it didnt have issues with Android 2.1

I currently have downgraded to the Intercept until the Transform gets Froyo because Sprint wouldnt let me have the Optimus. Once the transform has Froyo I believe that it will be just as good as the Optimus.

If you have to switch right now from your Pre I would say go with the optimus for sure. If you can hold out longer I suggest wait until the transform is also running Froyo and compare in a store. They will be a close two when they are both on 2.2.1

bakerman1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the optimus. Looked at a lot of reviews online and most were pointing to the optimus. Went in and played with both today. Could definitly see the lag on the transform, so I went with the optimus and love it so far :) Thanks, and this thread can be closed unless its helpful for others.

Ken

uamp

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the Optimus S love the 2.2 it does seem to run a lot faster than the 2.1 and it seems a lot less "lagy". I love the swipe feature on the keyboard, I switch from and HTC hero to the Lg optimus. A pretty big diffrence and I like the new ID pack you can install as well.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Transform (2.1) and my family has Optimus S's (2.2). At this point I'd say that the Optimus is a better phone. If Samsung doesn't release 2.2 or I can't hack in a good version myself (with an OpenGL video driver) by the time my 30-day-exchange policy is up, then I'm going to trade my Transform in for an Optimus.

See my detailed comparison of the two phones here.
My Hands-on Comparison of Samsung Transform (2.1) & LG Optimus (2.2) - Android Forums

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah @ this point its getting rediculous and when 2.2 does hit I bet the Transform will not be able to do live wallpapers just like the Intercept. The Optimus S is a better choice unless you just cannot live without a keyboard. I should have waited and bought the Evo or Epic... o well :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1