transform getting 2.2 tomorrow 3-21-11

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
well according to our friends over at sdx we will be getting the 2.2 update starting tomorrow 3-21-11. post here if you receive the update. time and time zone,,,thanks

Last edited:

compton1024

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
has anyone seen a ota update yet then ive been trying to update my transform since 1:30am est 02/28/2011 and nothing yet sprin.com/download has nothing ethier

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
not yet, but they didn't start the ota for the epic untill 9 pm. on the day they said it would come out. its the google servers that decide when to push it out. but if the update.zip comes out earlier it will be on samsungs website. i will keep checking and if it does i will post it.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will believe it when I see it. Samsung is officially my last choice for an Android phone maker based on their update track record. At least Sony admits they screwed up in their planning and will be updating their next lineup regularly. Samsung just kind of sweeps things under the rug.

compton1024

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I talked with a rep in columbus yesterday that told me the update is suposed to start 3/6/2011 and should take 4-5 days to get to everyone I'm at work right now on my transform and since 2.1 don't have copy and past I can not post my email that was sent to me wether this happens or not I dunno as I read on another forum somewere that the update won't be seen till late march early april wich is getting very old how many times do you have to lie to your customers befor you get something right I've been lucky enough that I have a great csr in newark,ohio that has givin me a 25$ credit every month untill the update comes out sprints the one lossing out on all of this and it is starting to look like bad business for sprint after just being ranked high in cs improvement but how can u tell they have improved if nothing is getting done and everyone of us get a diff story every day talking to diff csr online each day even twice a day its a diff story its uderbs hope it gets here soon

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I talked with a rep in columbus yesterday that told me the update is suposed to start 3/6/2011 and should take 4-5 days to get to everyone.

The problem is none of those reps really have a clue. They hear things the same way we do and it isn't until something actually ships that they find out about it. I understand wanting to keep new product releases quiet, but updates to current phones? They should let them know well ahead so they can comfort loud people like us properly. lol

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The problem is none of those reps really have a clue. They hear things the same way we do and it isn't until something actually ships that they find out about it. I understand wanting to keep new product releases quiet, but updates to current phones? They should let them know well ahead so they can comfort loud people like us properly. lol
I respectfully agree.

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
well it is looking pretty good for this week, froyo 2.2 is showing up on the samsung open source website now. just look at the open source and scroll through and look for the SPH-M920 and you will see this there. SPH-M920_OpenSource_Froyo_Update.zip

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Source code is up but I am curious why there was no mention of the Transform on the latests reports. It is only reporting the Epic 4G and Galaxy Tab.

sheeks

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I called sprint about an hour ago, they told me they are rolling it out along with the Epic and Tab updates over the next 4 days. I can't wait!!

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There is also an official post from Sprint in regards to what will be new in the upgrade. Search for the post on google or click that link.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PROD_ID=559&AT_ID=328039

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca