Help w/ friend's Transform please..

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My friend has a transform and I don't know much about that phone so I thought I would ask other transform owners on this website for help. :)
We are trying to find out if her phone's behavior is normal for this model, and if there is any tips or tricks to help it work better..
Her phone gets real sluggish very often, and continues to be sluggish and stall, until it freezes up and requires a battery pull. This happens when she is just texting or on the phone, no heavy gaming or internet use. She mainly only uses her phone to text, facebook, and make calls, yet it seems very "bogged down"
Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening? Is this normal for this phone?
Thanks in advance!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The processor in the Transform is low end, it can be bogged down fairly easy. You said she uses it mostly for text and facebook, how many apps does she have installed? Does she have a lot of widgets running? The Sprint ID packs install a ton of crap when they are loaded. I would recommend deleting all of the BS that gets installed by whatever ID she is running. Most likely she is wasting valuable space with a boatload of apps she doesn't even use.
My wife uses a transform, every time she changes her ID I have to perform surgery to get her phone to not suck as much.

Reactions: robyn25

robyn25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The processor in the Transform is low end, it can be bogged down fairly easy. You said she uses it mostly for text and facebook, how many apps does she have installed? Does she have a lot of widgets running? The Sprint ID packs install a ton of crap when they are loaded. I would recommend deleting all of the BS that gets installed by whatever ID she is running. Most likely she is wasting valuable space with a boatload of apps she doesn't even use.
My wife uses a transform, every time she changes her ID I have to perform surgery to get her phone to not suck as much.

Thanks for responding. I have told her to delete all unused apps and keep cache and internet history cleared.. She says she has been doing that, and doesn't have too many apps. But I went ahead and told her to be sure to delete ALL unused apps. When she got this phone sprint was only charging xtra for the 4g phones, and she wanted to avoid that so she got the transform instead. She likes it when it works, but gets annoyed with it often.

MarcD#AC

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I have told her to delete all unused apps and keep cache and internet history cleared.. She says she has been doing that, and doesn't have too many apps. But I went ahead and told her to be sure to delete ALL unused apps. When she got this phone sprint was only charging xtra for the 4g phones, and she wanted to avoid that so she got the transform instead. She likes it when it works, but gets annoyed with it often.

I think your last sentence sums up my experience with the Transform...i find mine often boggs down after a day or two or usage...what i usually do is about once every 2 days is pull the battery and restart the phone...i dont know if this is only my phone, but i find that once it starts going slow and laggy and i do pull the battery...the restart takes FOREVER...sometimes as much as 20 minutes to get it back up and running, so i reccomend pulling the battery and giving it a fresh restart at the first signs of it running sluggish...hope this help...like i said, i like the phone when its working properly, but its a PAIN when its not running right...cant wait to upgrade in october....

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think your last sentence sums up my experience with the Transform...i find mine often boggs down after a day or two or usage...what i usually do is about once every 2 days is pull the battery and restart the phone...i dont know if this is only my phone, but i find that once it starts going slow and laggy and i do pull the battery...the restart takes FOREVER...sometimes as much as 20 minutes to get it back up and running, so i reccomend pulling the battery and giving it a fresh restart at the first signs of it running sluggish...hope this help...like i said, i like the phone when its working properly, but its a PAIN when its not running right...cant wait to upgrade in october....

At least its not an Intercept...

Bru3184

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife is having the same problem with her transform, and she really hates this phone now. Try doing a search for ways to speed up the transform, there's a post on here somewhere that had a lot of useful tips. We tried some on hers and it seems to be helping. Things like make the facebook app a shortcut and not a widget to free up ram, moving as many apps as possible off the phone and onto the sd card, and turn off all animations. Also get advancedtaskiller in the market or just use the task manager to regularly kill any unwanted background apps. We're having decent success with reducing lag and lock ups so far. If this doesn't work though I'm going to root it and see how that works. Like newboyx said, it's a low end processor....which sucks because it could be a good phone. Either way, I know this will be our last ever samsung phone, we've had nothing but problems with them.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate to defend Samsung, but don't confuse Samsung budget phones with Samsung high end phones.

That's why I bought a HTC ;-)