Vitality as a WiFi-only phone (google voice)

vancraft

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I need some help!
I'm a big fan of Google Voice for Android phones. It works flawlessly on my HTC Evo View tablet with no mobile network at all. My AT&T Galaxy S2 also works perfectly as a Google Voice device with either the mobile network or my own WiFi.

But my Samsung Vitality is having a problem that I can't quite figure out:

I can call out with Groove IP(app) and receive texts both ways, but it will not take in any calls to my google voice number. I didn't activate this phone on the Cricket network so I don't know if that is the problem? The whole point of this phone purchase was to create a wifi-only phone for a no-cost extra line.

Can anyone tell me why

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I need some help!
I'm a big fan of Google Voice for Android phones. It works flawlessly on my HTC Evo View tablet with no mobile network at all. My AT&T Galaxy S2 also works perfectly as a Google Voice device with either the mobile network or my own WiFi.

But my Samsung Vitality is having a problem that I can't quite figure out:

I can call out with Groove IP(app) and receive texts both ways, but it will not take in any calls to my google voice number. I didn't activate this phone on the Cricket network so I don't know if that is the problem? The whole point of this phone purchase was to create a wifi-only phone for a no-cost extra line.

Can anyone tell me why

I tried using GrooveIP, at first, same problem as you, can call, but not receive. I checked Goole Voice, and it showed my missed calls and vm. But then i tried to call again, and it did ring in groove ip

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn