Thoughts on the new Aquos Crystal?

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying this phone next month for a friend's birthday & would appreciate your thoughts. This will be on Boost Mobile service. She's only going to be doing phone calls, Internet browsing, Facebook, texting & picture taking/sending. How well does it do with those real-world tasks in terms of performance and battery? Also, how easy is it to customize without rooting?

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Love the look of the phone. I want to sell my Note 3 and pick one up till I pick up my next flagship but I dont know if it works on ATT at all.

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying this phone next month for a friend's birthday & would appreciate your thoughts. This will be on Boost Mobile service. She's only going to be doing phone calls, Internet browsing, Facebook, texting & picture taking/sending. How well does it do with those real-world tasks in terms of performance and battery? Also, how easy is it to customize without rooting?
I recently upgraded my 32GB iPhone 4 (on StraightTalk) to the Aquos Crystal on BoostMobile.

I am delighted with the phone. Performance is snappy (far snappier than my iPhone 4). The only downside is the camera quality. In good light it is good, but in less than that, it's fair. Another nice thing about it is that it is virtually pure Android. Bloatware is at a minimum, only 2 Boost-specific apps are "baked" into the ROM, and there are about 4 others that get downloaded and installed... which can easily be removed.

I'm a fan of Nova Launcher Prime (run it on my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4) but have found no need to install it on the Aquos Crystal.

I highly recommend this phone especially for $150. Even if I wasn't going to use it as a phone, I'd buy one simply to use as a portable media player (eg. alternative to an iPod Touch)

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all. I got it for her, she loves it :) . The only issue - is there a way to get text labels for the menu items (for example, things like Share & Download)? She's not used to the icon-only view (she was using a feature phone before this).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae