Shield Tablets are now shipping :) Have you gotten yours?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just received mine today. So far, I am really liking it. Will probably be getting the 32gb version next month though. I am amazed at how fast and smooth this is.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using AC Forums mobile app

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine the afternoon of the 29th off Nvidia's site; it shipped Thursday evening and I got it Friday morning just before noon. Really nice so far, and battery life seems to be matching my old 1st Gen Nexus 7 for casual use, and I'm not getting the huge off the cliff battery drop when playing something intense like I did with the Galaxy note 8. Only issue I'm finding so far is that the wireless performance is flaky, which others on the nvidia boards have reported as well; hopefully something a software patch can fix. Otherwise a pretty fine tablet.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just started looking at this tablet but I'm not a huge gamer I own a xbox one that's just as huge of a game I want to be i was told this could be a good pick up aside from nexus 7 I currently own previous version of galaxy note 10.1

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just started looking at this tablet but I'm not a huge gamer I own a xbox one that's just as huge of a game I want to be i was told this could be a good pick up aside from nexus 7 I currently own previous version of galaxy note 10.1

I too own an XBOX 360 and am a average to above average gamer. I think if your looking for something that will handle both worlds, being used as a tablet and also a gaming device then you can't go wrong here.

If you do decide to take the plunge please come back after you have spent a little time with it and share your feedback :)

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I can't see my self playing games on it really. Maybe MTG but no full fps games or anything maybe just maybe Gta but again doubtful. I was going to get nexus 7 but this one seems like it might win

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I can't see my self playing games on it really. Maybe MTG but no full fps games or anything maybe just maybe Gta but again doubtful. I was going to get nexus 7 but this one seems like it might win

Don't forget if you have a computer with a supporting GE Force card the tablet has options to take advantage of this like streaming games and much more.

But as you said it does make quite the argument to consider as a day to day tablet ;)

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am about to purchase one on their site but it says allow ten weeks for delivery does that mean even if I pay the business day shipping I won't get it

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am about to purchase one on their site but it says allow ten weeks for delivery does that mean even if I pay the business day shipping I won't get it

I just checked Nvidia ordering page and I'm getting a 2 week ship date for the United States.

f20b924b283c3d95398eb4886df5ac12.jpg

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This thing is sold out everywhere again. Either they pulled stock because of all the issues, sold out, or just didn't make enough.

casscivi

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Just got my replacement in and am looking to sell it! Didn't open the box yet, brand new. I didn't use it enough unfortunately to justify keeping it. Anybody know anyone who would be interested? Paid around $450 CAD so am looking for $350.

-2 GB of ram
-8" Full HD LCD
-16 GB + microSD
-5 MP auto focus HDR front and user facing cameras

Bach Patu

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
ADDENDUM - Got it & have had it for a few weeks now. So far so good (Though games & some apps don't allow the task bar to come up when in full screen but that's more of an issue of app & game development than it is with the tablet itself)

BP

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463