Hey guys,

So i've been shopping for a new tab for christmas, and I think the Shield is my pick. HDMI port is too insanely useful for me to go without it, and that makes my options limited. Maybe back to an older model transformer since the new one doesn't have it :-( I really loved my old transformers, but I made the mistake of getting the prime with it's fatal wifi hardware problem. If it wasn't for that I'd just buy another of the same thing LOL.

Can anyone help me with these questions as of now

Is the wifi fixed? This would have been a deal breaker on my old tablet had I known when I bought it.

Any other major issues? Are the crashing apps and what not ironed out? I'm guessing it's a kernel issue with the new processor, that's since been fixed, but I'd like to know for sure.

Does the battery tuning function really help? I read a couple reviews that said it significantly improved life expectancy, and I really don't need the heavy horsepower most of the time since I have an AMD graphics card.

Thanks!
    10-31-2014 01:44 AM
    Hello,

If your looking for HDMI out, sdcard option and multi use as a daily tablet or a gaming machine then you can't go wrong with the SHIELD Tablet. Most recently in the last week or so NVIDIA released yet another update to the ST which tweaked the WIFI aimed at 5g even further. However many have claimed to have improvements on the 2.4 g end also ( myself included ). As far as app crashing I haven't experienced any of this myself and if it did exist it seems to have been addressed.

WIFI is pretty good. Naturally 2.4 g is going to serve you better over a longer distance but if you are closer to your router then 5 G will serve you well.

Overall I really enjoy my ST and consider it a game changer in the tablet market. Your getting a great display, nice sound from the front facing dual speakers and then options like HDMI and sdcard you can't go wrong. Oh and lets not forget the DirectStylus 2 is very handy. Last thoughts, battery life is very acceptable. The custom battery management options does seem to do the trick. I can get many hours of gaming and surfing time from a single charge and standby time is just insane. I have at times left my ST on the desk for 2 or 3 days and picked it up to find its only discharged 5%-10% per day sitting idle. Considering what is under the hood processor speaking that is pretty darn impressive.
    10-31-2014 01:51 AM