Help me decide between the 16GB and 32GB LTE Model

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
First I will point out that I live in Canada so buying the combo 32GB and controller Nvidia is selling this weekend for 399 isn't an option. It's too much once I factor in duties and shipping etc...

So that leaves me with buying in Canada and from what I've calculated after taxes there is a difference between the 16 and 32 of $114. Just not sure the 32 is worth it since I won't be using LTE. The game promo they are including with the 32 GB model right now is also something that doesn't really interest me. So that means extra storage is pretty much the only benefit I might take advantage of. I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on their experience with this tablet and using an sd card to install games. I also plan on having some movies on it as well. The 114 I'd save with the 16GB model would cover the cost of the controller and tablet cover I would want to get. Any advice from owners of either model would be appreciated!

Last edited:

toonzizhere

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Haven't opened mine yet (waiting til xmas), but I've read there's some issues so far on lollipop with moving games to SD. Can't speak to them personally, but there's some threads about it over on the official forums https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/150/shield-tablet/ something else to consider is the "good" games are pretty big, 16gb might go fast, but your movies, etc should fine on SD. I'm not sure if you have access in Canada, but their game streaming service doesn't require the game to even be on the tablet so that should help too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the L update and have no problems moving Dead Trigger 2 to my SD card. As the previous post states, game are getting larger, so it is nice having the extra internal storage space. I don't use the LTE radio at all on mine.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If you do not plan to use the LTE, no question go for the 16gb version, buy the controller/cover and a 64 or 128gb SD card depending on what deals you see this weekend and you will be in the same price as the 32GB LTE version.

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys. I was able to find a deal up here at NCIX canada for the 32gb lte model at 429 with free shipping. Comes with the controller too like the deal from Nvidia. Since I knew I was getting the controller either way the combo deal made things only 35 bucks more than if I bought the 16GB model and controller separately. 35 bucks for double on board storage and greenbox made decision easy.

Posted via the Android Central App

ksamson

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I was reading the nvidia forums and a lot of 32 gig users were complaininng about at&t bloatware. You need to root the tablet to recover the space wasted. Not sure if this bloatware is installed on the Canadian version. Perhaps their is bell bloatware installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay