Shield still hasn't updated to lollipop

Tatergee

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, been reading the forums for a long time now but have never needed to post until now. But you all seem to have the answers so hoping you can give me some advice. I received the shield as a gift and have had it up and running for almost two weeks. First thing when I started it up was OTA updates. Three in a row. It stopped updating after the third one, and nothing since then. Never got update still on 4.4.2. Is there something I should do to get it to update,or something I can do? Been hiding back installing much since in my experience I always have to factory reset with a firmware update. Really want to play with this bad boy, but want the update done first. Suggestions?

Tatergee

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have manually checked many times, I also looked butcould not find the ota update online to try and flash it. Note, when I try to enter recovery (power and vol down button) all that happens is one of two things. Either it starts to power on then turns back off if I am still holding the power and volume down buttons, or if I let go of the poewr button when the screen comes on and keep holding the volume button it boots into safe mode.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have manually checked many times, I also looked butcould not find the ota update online to try and flash it. Note, when I try to enter recovery (power and vol down button) all that happens is one of two things. Either it starts to power on then turns back off if I am still holding the power and volume down buttons, or if I let go of the poewr button when the screen comes on and keep holding the volume button it boots into safe mode.
Here is something I found related to this on NVIDIA's forums..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...an-t-update-to-lollipop/post/4394601/#4394601

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781