Predator 8 vs. Shield Tablet

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Just found out this morning that the Acer Predator 8 Tablet (and smartphone!), have been made official... Here's a press photo:

Predator-8_GT-810_hero_02.jpg

So the question is, who is interested in this new contender? Its about on par with the Shield Tablet spec for spec besides the Processor and GPU of course. Same RAM, same resolution, same OS, same price, etc.

Personally I'm kind of feeling the over the top aesthetics and theme going on here. But I also still love my Shield Tablet. It's going to be tough choice come November when this beast is released. But what do you all think?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Obviously don't know yet, but I suspect my Shield is going to destroy this thing in performance. Plus, the added functionality speaking to my PC, etc. is HUGE on the Shield. I'm still hoping for a new Shield tablet this year with the X1 in it.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
There are pros and cons for each tablet that I neglected to mention earlier, like the PC interaction for the Shield. There's also the first party controller in favor of the Shield as well as streaming with gamegrid... Plus included stylus.

On the other hand, the Acer has haptic feedback in games, four speaker surround sound, and screen enhancements to make colors pop more.

I was reading the AndroidCentral article about the Predator and in the comments ppl were saying it should have had more RAM or better resolution or Windows 10. I disagree though. For what it is, which is an Android gaming tablet, I think it's specs are decent at the very least.

Only time will tell whether or not the Tegra K1 will smoke the X7/by Intel in the Acer or vice versa but I think it's safe to say that the Nvidia X1 would run circles around them both. If Nvidia releases an X1 tablet, I'm all over it!!! Lol.

Sent from my DROID Turbo... -Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet-

djfalcone35

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I love the design bad looking!the shield doest have a flash!!what's up with that!400$ my zero 7 pro had a flash 150$ and should have two USB ports being a gaming tablet!right?and all tablets need to come up with better screen materials my nv.cracked you can't buy parts!

Posted via the Android Central App

David_Anthony

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been disappointed in the past by Acer products, so it is a tough decision for me to consider in any way this new tablet of theirs. I own the Shield tablet and console for my TV and I'm loving both!

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The Predator looks cool, but it won't have access to GeForce Now games.

Posted via the Android Central App

Megaframe

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Looks like a toy from the 90's to me. I wouldn't use this for anything other than gaming and well.. the Shield Tablet runs circles around it in benchmarks. Nice try but no go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20