Geforce Now Launches Tomorrow

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Nvidia finally launches the paid game streaming service that Shield owners have been enjoying for the last year.

Stream PC Games from the Cloud With GeForce NOW

Nvidia makes GRID official as GeForce Now, starting at $7.99/month | Android Central

7.99 is the perfect price point for this service. They need to start adding more AAA titles even if they are from the ps3/x360 generation, but I'll still sign up.

The very interesting part to the tablet owners is that it seems that many of the AAA titles that need to be bought outright called "buy and play instantly" like Witcher 3 and Mad Max will be playable on the Shield Tablet!

Mad Max | SHIELD

http://shield.nvidia.com/games/geforce-now/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

It really revitalizes the gaming portion of my tablet for me. I was already counting this tablet out when I saw the Tegra x1 debut in the Pixel C tablet (which could signal a Shield Tablet next Gen coming soon).

I'm going to assume that an Internet connection will be required to play the "buy and play instantly games" for the tablet but I'll wait until tomorrow to see for sure.:D

toonzizhere

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yea I'm liking that we will get it free for 3 months(until the new year) after signing up, should allow plenty of time to see what they add in the meantime before deciding to keep the service active before actually paying anything. Being able to buy new games and stream them will hopefully encourage developers to bring more AAA games to the platform, could potentially replace an Xbox or playstation (exclusives notwithstanding). I guess we'll see!

Posted via the Android Central App

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I really like the price point but my internet is not the best in my area so I get a lot of lag and it really kills the fun. I am going to try a ethernet to USB cable and see if that gets rid of the lag. If it does then I will most likely sign up.

Does anyone know if you can stream games outside the US when travelling?

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Nvidia does have servers outside of US. I assume you could play from those servers while overseas.

On the buy and play instantly games topic. it looks like you have to pay for the subscription and the full cost of the game to play. My internet connection seems to be finicky lately with streaming, but when it's good, it plays great. I'm still contemplating getting Witcher 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze