K1 Marshmallow Update

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
While I won't "officially" get my k1 until tomorrow ;-) , I do have it set up, updated to marshmallow, and my SD set to adorable storage. From the little I've played around with it everything about it, except that squishy power button, seems great.
How is it treating those of you who have used it more? Especially since marshmallow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Notice I mentioned installed AND rooted. Just for info the root method for right now is the rooted boot image and adding the apk afterwards. I did develop problems after a few hours so I would not use that method and wait for a good twrp version. No, root is a must for me (titanium backup) but not until it's stable.

I am wondering why I upgraded to MM, I was already rooted. Not being able to leave the sd card as portable and move apps there ruin it for me. You still have to move apps to the sd in adoptable mode, as portble before, but you no longer have access to internal storage and you cannot take the sd out and put it in a computer. I don't really see the point, seems like a downgrade to me.

It's OK in my moto x pure as I run it as portable and put no apps on the external, but if I had a 16gb I would feel the same way. Keep portable storage the way it was in the other versions AND offer adoptable. Not take away the ability to move apps in portable.

Starting to wonder how windows phones will be in a few years when I am ready for another. Android, I believe, will be moving more toward apple light in the future. Yes, I know android is light years more loose than apple, but in the last 5 years or so the changes have been in that direction.

I'n not too thrilled with the shield tablet anyway. This is my first android tablet and it's touted as a good one. If that's correct then I won't be doing tablets in the future, I will stick with a phone and laptop. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and truly hate the power button, it's about the same level as the tablet and really hard for me to push.

Right now it's actually pretty stable except for the random reboots and apps completely disappearing.

Sorry, bitter about the whole shield experience.

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Too unstable for me. Did reset several times but mm still random reboots, apps disappear on reboot, unstable. Lollipop was much better and as stated I really hate the way the sd card is in mm. It makes no sense, you still have to move the apps to sd and it the stuff on it still do not boot up with the internal storage apps so the only difference is no access to internal storage. I do like doze on my moto x pure mm but that is the only thing I care about. Otherwise it's not worth it for me. I may try a stock, stabilized rom as that is what I am running on the x pure (mm ota was wonky on it also) but the rom is excellent. I know everyone will not agree with it, but that's just me. Nothing to battle worse unstability for.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I got my marshmallow update right when I opened the box and booted it up on Christmas morning. It's running great

awes0me

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no such issues but then, I've not rooted this device. In my opinion, you can't complain if your having issues after rooting. I've rooted most of my devices but always go back to stock for one reason or another. Usually cos rooting causes issues. If you don't want problems, don't root. You are right about the power tho.

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have no such issues but then, I've not rooted this device. In my opinion, you can't complain if your having issues after rooting. I've rooted most of my devices but always go back to stock for one reason or another. Usually cos rooting causes issues. If you don't want problems, don't root. You are right about the power tho.

I have long gone back to unrooted, reflashed to stock lollipop and over the air updated to marshmallow over the air and it's even worse stock.
So root is moot. I AM running marshmallow now but it's half baked as far as I am concerned.