nVIDIA Shield K1 - Optimizing Apps

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just picked up a Shield K1 to use as a general purpose tablet. Is there a way for the system to optimize all the installed apps? I notice that only two apps, Chrome & Squid are optimized. I've updated all the software to the latest version. TIA.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show us the Battery Optimization menu? On my Nexus 6P, it defaults to the "Not Optimized" list, which only has 3 apps. Just want to make sure that's not what you're seeing as well.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response.

I am interested in optimizing the apps for performance. There is an option to do this in "Settings-->Shield-->App optimization". There are two options, "Disabled" or "Custom", but two apps, Chrome and Squid are optimized by "Let NVIDIA Optimize". I would like all the other apps optimized by NVIDIA. I am surprised this option doesn't appear for my other apps. Any ideas? TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe App Optimization refers to Marshmallow's battery optimization feature, unless NVIDIA has some specific optimization feature that is separate from Android's I'm afraid I don't have those details--hopefully someone else with more direct experience with the Shield can comment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance