Battery Issues

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Last week I was playing Fallout Shelter on my fully charged Shield LTE tablet. When I stopped playing, my battery was down to 30%, which was reasonable given how long I'd been playing.

I when I plugged it in to charge, it never went above 30%, and the charging LED next to the charging port kept flashing orange and green. I've tried charging it with the power on and off with no luck. A factory reset didn't help either.

It also seems that I can use the tablet while it's charging without causing the percentage to drop.

Is the battery borked or is there something else I could try to correct this?

Last edited:

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You could try using a different set of chargers, cords or try a different outlet.

I've tried different chargers, cords, outlets, external battery packs, and charging from my computer.

This is a replacement unit from the NVIDIA battery recall not so long ago. I'm just hoping the battery didn't give up the ghost. At least it hasn't exploded on me. #note7 #toosoon?

Stev8

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
If you're using it at 30% and it's not going down or up then the Android OS is not detecting any charge higher then 30%. Something in the OS is not detecting properly or the hardware is messed up. I'm still new to the Android world but that's my two cents

Bach Patu

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Check for ANY app authorized to do PUSH Notifications (ESPECIALLY Twitter, YouTube, Facebook & news media apps)

If notifications are turned on then TURN THEM OFF!!

I did this & haven't had any issues since 😊

Hope this helps 😊