This forum has been super quiet lately... Just thought I'd try and breath some life into it again. So...

SOUND OFF - Who's still using their Shield Tablet or K1? I am!

-OR-

If you've moved on, what did you replace your Shield with?
    05-10-2018 11:49 AM
    I still have one, but it's mostly used by my daughters. I moved on to the Pixel C and then from there to the Pixelbook.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    05-10-2018 11:56 AM
    I still have one, but it's mostly used by my daughters. I moved on to the Pixel C and then from there to the Pixelbook.
    Nice to know your Shield is still getting some use! The Pixel C looks like a nice replacement, but a little pricey when it first launched.
    05-10-2018 01:30 PM
    Nice to know your Shield is still getting some use! The Pixel C looks like a nice replacement, but a little pricey when it first launched.
    Daily. A bit slow, but I don't see a replacement option I like.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    05-11-2018 08:45 AM
    I'm with you there. Console mode is my favorite feature and honestly don't know why it took me so long to use it. Since no other tablet seems to have this feature if/when I get a new one or the battery finally goes out... I'll probably just get an Amazon Fire tablet for the price/value. Or the Tab S 3 (I really can't decide)
    05-11-2018 03:45 PM
    I gave it to my daughter to use as the unit has become very slow. I tried a reset but the unit just isn't as responsive as it was.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    05-21-2018 07:09 AM
    I gave it to my daughter to use as the unit has become very slow. I tried a reset but the unit just isn't as responsive as it was.
    That sucks that it's lagging so much. I haven't seen any performance issues... just the battery degradation and the Bluetooth seems to disconnect every time I switch to Console Mode making it tough to get the controller connected again. It's supposed to come back on (according to the internets) but it never does. I still love it though.
    05-21-2018 06:25 PM
    Still using the tablet sometimes. Leave it off most of the time because the battery like is not great. Other than that I like it. My pixel 2 XL is fine for almost everything so I. Really don't need a tablet. Now.
    06-15-2018 03:49 AM
    Still using the tablet sometimes. Leave it off most of the time because the battery like is not great. Other than that I like it. My pixel 2 XL is fine for almost everything so I. Really don't need a tablet. Now.
    I know what you mean. Phone screens, now-a-days, are big enough to get most things done quickly. Add in the fact that they're always in pocket and connected.

My Shield is mostly used for comic/e-book reading and console mode on the TV. I'm kind of disappointed in the gaming as most of the games I've tried in the Play Store aren't compatible with a controller. Maybe I'm just not finding the right games, tho.
    wyelkins likes this.
    06-18-2018 04:45 PM
    Same here. Every once in awhile I look at other Tablets, but none look appealing enou.... scratch that, they look appealing enough but too pricey considering I bought the Shield for $200 new. It still works very good on the games I play and does decent at everything else.
    08-13-2018 11:49 AM