Using Android Central with Firefox browser?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I posted a question in Android Central and received a reply, which I viewed with my Firefox browser, after first logging in. There was no Reply option, or any of the other expected icons for responding. I tried decreasing the font size, thinking larger fonts might be the problem, but there were still none of the expected icons. I then logged in and viewed the thread on Google Chrome, where I was able to post a reply. It's certainly not a problem to use Chrome for this site, but I'm curious if anyone has an idea why it doesn't display correctly in Firefox. I thought it might be an extension causing it, but I ran in Firefox Safe Mode and the icons still did not appear.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Just looked at it on firefox on my phone and the reply is at the top of the page and the bottom of the page. also you can click on the quote " sign in the reply you received. if you still do not have it, try wiping history or the app cache.

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I did not specify that I am talking about Windows 10, the web browsers on my PC. (And I did not know about this forum.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show us a screenshot of how it looks on Firefox? At the bottom of the thread, you don't see a Reply button on the right side? And you're certain you're still logged into your Android Central account, even if you did so earlier, right? Click the hamburger menu icon at the upper left and make sure it still says "Hi gf1701" instead of "Log in."

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I did not specify that I am talking about Windows 10, the web browsers on my PC. (And I did not know about this forum.)

I am currently replying to your post on win10 firefox browser. a few things to try, try disabling your browser add-ons. also try deleting your history and cookies. you can also try resetting your browser to default settings. are you running any type of security software that might be blocking scripts? finally boot to safemode with network and see if you can reply there. this will determine whether or not some third party software is blocking you.

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Very odd: I went to take a screen snapshot of the Firefox window, and now all the action icons are there. I had previously tried disabling add-ons by running in Firefox Safe Mode and that did not have any effect. Other than that, I made no other changes since yesterday. I did, however, shut down my computer overnight and restart it today. (I thought of taking a screen shot yesterday, but did know if this forum had the capability to display it; I see now that it does.)

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
As I posted below, today the forum pages display correctly in Firefox. But as to your question, I am absolutely certain that I was logged in: it did say "Hi gf1701." But of course, I have no proof of anything because I didn't take a screenshot yesterday. And now it's moot. I'm going to chalk it up to one of those weird Windows anomalies which occur from time to time. And then I'm going to forget about it! But thank you for trying to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781