Missing text in my forum post

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Weird, when I click edit I can see the whole post, but when you preview it, half of it is missing. Some kind of bug maybe?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Weird, when I click edit I can see the whole post, but when you preview it, half of it is missing. Some kind of bug maybe?
It looks complete here. Maybe just a cache problem, what are you using to access the forums, any of the apps or a browser?
Screenshot_20200903-122121.jpeg

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Fixed. It, unfortunately, was our affiliate linking system we use adding text and breaking the format. It works fine when you initially put it in, but IF you go back and edit the post it will add "?at=10l3Vy&ct=UUcbUvbUpU0" to the end of iTunes URL's. This will need to be removed when editing or you can put "?skiptag" Again, though, it only happens when you edit the post. I'll see if we can stop adding it on iTunes links but probably not because Apple uses the iTunes links for pretty much everything. Super weird how it only broke in the browser though and not the forums app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Fixed. It, unfortunately, was our affiliate linking system we use adding text and breaking the format. It works fine when you initially put it in, but IF you go back and edit the post it will add "?at=10l3Vy&ct=UUcbUvbUpU0" to the end of iTunes URL's. This will need to be removed when editing or you can put "?skiptag" Again, though, it only happens when you edit the post. I'll see if we can stop adding it on iTunes links but probably not because Apple uses the iTunes links for pretty much everything. Super weird how it only broke in the browser though and not the forums app.
Excellent! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar