A few years ago I deleted my old account on android central to stop my username showing up on the one single question I asked. Now this stupid website was supposed to redact that username from everywhere on this site which it did a crummy job of. The username on that post has been changed to 'Anon...' but the actual username still shows up attached to the question in suggestions, search results and everywhere else on the forum. As a result search results on every search engine for my name (which was the username) are flooded with pages where my post shows up as a 'suggested' post or search result on this slight. And of course this site doesn't offer a straight forward way of contacting support, so what's the best way to get to the support team and/or file a legal request to redact the username properly as per their own terms of service.
    06-11-2021 04:32 AM
    First change your tone , 2nd when you delete your account it doesn't associate it with username anymore it default to Anon. It's pretty straightforward you hit the triangle when you need something address like that , you should know that as a previous member just like you recently did .
    VidJunky and J Dubbs like this.
    06-11-2021 09:31 AM
    What's the previous username? Maybe we can just use the Physically Remove option to get rid of those posts completely.
    06-11-2021 09:34 AM
    Well, no it's supposed to associate any content by me to my anon tag after deleting my account but whatever half baked system is in place to do that clearly didn't work because it still shows it associated to my old username in search results and suggestions under other posts. And maybe the support team would have known about that if they bothered to check the reports coming from the "triangle" you're talking about. This was simply the last resort after having given many months to fix it.
    06-11-2021 11:13 AM
    Well, no it's supposed to associate any content by me to my anon tag after deleting my account but whatever half baked system is in place to do that clearly didn't work because it still shows it associated to my old username in search results and suggestions under other posts. And maybe the support team would have known about that if they bothered to check the reports coming from the "triangle" you're talking about. This was simply the last resort after having given many months to fix it.
    What's the previous username you're looking to have removed? Also, you should be aware we have no control over search engines such as Google, Bing, etc. If you wish to have content deleted from there, you have to request it yourself.
    06-11-2021 12:01 PM
    Edited the title to remove the unnecessary word "Stupid."
    spARTacus likes this.
    06-11-2021 12:29 PM
    None of your previous posts physically exist on the forums any more -- we made sure of that. But we have no control over the pages that Google caches, so your prior username can still appear in Google searches because of those cached pages. As mentioned above, you'd have to submit a request to Google to remove your information from a search result.
    06-11-2021 08:11 PM
    None of your previous posts physically exist on the forums any more -- we made sure of that. But we have no control over the pages that Google caches, so your prior username can still appear in Google searches because of those cached pages. As mentioned above, you'd have to submit a request to Google to remove your information from a search result.
    Yes, Bla1ze seems to have fixed the issue on your end yesterday and I have since been able to work on getting the cached results to be updated. Many thanks to them and everyone else who reached out to try and help.
    06-12-2021 01:37 AM